Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Currently setting up a pi4 with indigosky which will be run via APT , running win10  and the the latest APT Beta release 3.75.2 , now I can connect to indigosky server via browser , but I can’t connect via APT  indigo control panel throws up an error can’t connect to indigo or indi server  server address is default Indigosky , server port 7624 , on pressing navigate server error says dns address can’t be found , has anyone been successful in connecting to indigosky via APT running win10.

Yes, I have tried it and worked fine, but still prefer full Linux set up with rpi4 and Kstars / ekos with INdI server .. :)

• Like 1

Instead of using the name indigosky, put the IP address of rpi,  in instead, as APT prefers it .... :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StarDodger said:

Instead of using the name indigosky, put the IP address of rpi,  in instead, as APT prefers it .... :)

How would i find that out ?

26 minutes ago, StarDodger said:

Yes, I have tried it and worked fine, but still prefer full Linux set up with rpi4 and Kstars / ekos with INdI server .. :)

yeah im used to APT so will stick with that for now if i get it connected 

6 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

How would i find that out ?

yeah im used to APT so will stick with that for now if i get it connected 

Either in your router settings, or connect the rpi to a monitor and it shows you on the top right corner if you hover over the network connections icon...

Posted (edited)

Or log in from windows PC via SSH, if you have it and in the terminal window type “sudo ifconfig” 

i had issues using the indigosky name, but worked fine using the IP address...

Edited by StarDodger

17 minutes ago, StarDodger said:

Or log in from windows PC via SSH, if you have it and in the terminal window type “sudo ifconfig” 

i had issues using the indigosky name, but worked fine using the IP address...

Thanks for helping managed to solve by using my phone and looking at indigo WiFi settings here i found dns server address for router now all connecting  hurrah 😀 

• Like 1

Quick question, is the entire RPi OS stored on the SD card? For example, if I wanted to flip between Stellarmate and back to APT via Indigosky, then I'd only need another SD card for Indigo? Each time the card is swapped the settings and configurations are all ready to go?

37 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Quick question, is the entire RPi OS stored on the SD card? For example, if I wanted to flip between Stellarmate and back to APT via Indigosky, then I'd only need another SD card for Indigo? Each time the card is swapped the settings and configurations are all ready to go?

Yes normal set ups are, but you would have to shutdown , change the SD card and then reboot.

It should be possible to add Indigo (i.e. Indigo_server) to your Stellarmate and get Indigo server to load using a different port then 7624. So long as you dont start Indi_server and Indigo_server at the same time you could leave the ports at default (7624).

But using 2 SD cards is the easier/safer way to do it - One for Stellarmate(ubuntu) and one for RPI Buster for Indigosky/Indigo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Yes exactly, one card for each.. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Just bear in mind , dslr drivers yet to be released its in the pipe line, if ccd then you probably be ok