Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Well that was some night last night... the All Sky Camera caught this:

Strike-Oculus-2019-07-24T00-53-43-327.thumb.png.3a3742a118fe849efcb02cd02acc8993.png

• Like 13

I heard there were lightning storms in part of the country, but we didn't get anything in the London area.

Brace ourselves for the next couple of days, it's going to be hot, particularly where we are!!!

Carole 

You could have had fun here, I would not be lying if I said we had had 60 storms through May to now, even had another last night, terrible this year.

Alan

1 hour ago, PhotoGav said:

Well that was some night last night... the All Sky Camera caught this:

Strike-Oculus-2019-07-24T00-53-43-327.thumb.png.3a3742a118fe849efcb02cd02acc8993.png

Nice shot! 😮 

That was some lightning, thankfully it wasn't loud, being really high up amongst clouds. We had (at Chippenham) around 3-4 flashes per second during the best 20 mins (not counting the flickering from each flash), the most I've ever seen. The sky seemed to be lit up by a set of failing LED strip lights, quite disorientating. :D 

John

• Like 1

Absolutely John, it was constant flickering for quite a while over the western horizon, probably right over you, before it arrived here!

• Like 1