SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepieces

ChrisEdu

I've got a 26mm Celestron, Meade 4000 12.4 and 9.7 at the moment. What reasonably priced (upto circa £80ish) eyepieces would people suggest I next add to the collection? Any new ones would initially be used on my Nexstar 4SE, with the possibility of going on something like an Explorer 300P at some future point.

With the 300p in mind, a 17mm, 13mm and maybe a 5mm (a little high powered, but good for lunar views) would give a nice spread. I'd also look a getting a cheap widefield 30mm eyepiece to use for sweeping the milky way and as a 'finder' eyepiece (not the 80 deg models though, they are poor at f5 IMHO).

Being a bit of a minimalist myself, I don't think you need any more eps, Unless you want to go wider, to say a 32 or 40. You should consider a very high quality Barlow, and possibly trade in the Celestron for a wider angle of about the same length, assuming it's a Plossl.

Archived