Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ultra light travel set up.

2 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

Sorry if you have already said, but which tripod is that Alan? I have been looking at this, after a tip from Littleguy80: 3 Legged Thing Punks Corey tripod. Not the one he has, but similar.

I have a Redsnapper tripod https://redsnapperuk.com/product/rsf-284m-alloy-4-section-tripod/ but there are plenty of similar ones on Amazon from Zomei/Neewer. I would say its not the lightest tripod in the world and for a bit more you can get similar specked carbon fiber ones.

Alan

• Thanks 1

On 23/07/2019 at 13:05, JeremyS said:

There's always this one @Greymouser. Pocket Borg. You can almost keep it behind your ear....

IMG_2099.thumb.JPG.44313b17e17db825bd8ec2e17ae0c844.JPG

I had its big brother - the Mini 60 Achro. Worked with a prism diagonal (Baader Amici correct image, and  a Tak prism, probably would work with any diagonal ) with a  helical focuser. Although it was an achromat, it had good colour correction and coped with magnification upto about x120. All my EPs came to focus in it and it was small enough to fit in any rucksack. Should not have sold that combo.

Edited by Roy Challen