Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

iTelescope Carina

MattJenko

Feels a bit like cheating, but this is a southern hemisphere object and I get no time with my own telescopes because of work commitments at the moment anyway. Its a good chance to play with some data and keep those processing skills from totally rusting over while circumstance forces my own kit to gather dust not photons. Our southern colleagues are truly blessed with some awesome objects.

iTelescope T9 in Siding Springs. 12 hours exposure time. LRGB. PixInsight.

NGC3372.jpg

• Like 4

Just awesome Matt, an amazing object taken with some amazing equipment (127 Televue Apo on a 10 Micron mount I believe) and in a superb location. Your excellent processing skills bringing out the best. If this is cheating, then I want some of it! :)

Nice image you have captured..........IMHO its not cheating as the only alternative would be to pack a suitcase and take your telescope out there which would be rather expensive. Using iTelescope, as I also do from Siding Springs, gives you the opportunity to image targets that you couldn't normally do....you still have to set the telescope up with exposure time RA and DEC, pick the correct time to image and then process the subs.......

Dave