Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Dorset

Tony1972

Hello all. I’m new here and I’m also new to all this, although I’ve been curious for a long time. I’ve finally taken the plunge and ordered myself a SkyWatcher Skyliner 200P, from Harrison Telescopes, I can’t wait to get started! 

I’m guessing I’ve a pretty steep learning curve ahead of me but like anything else that’s all part of the fun. 

• Like 4

Welcome Tony, nice scope you got there !

Just to let you know, there is a SGL club for Dorset should you be interested.
The guys meet up once in a while to stargaze, unfortunately slightly too far for me half of the time as I am based near Southampton. 

Edited by Panda Alvin
  • Like 2

Hi Tony, 

Welcome to SGL from  Poole. You've got a great scope there that'll give you some excellent views. 

Hopefully we might see you at one of our observing sessions. 

Enjoy the views, 

Ade

• Like 1

Tony welcome to SGL.

Curiosity is what got us all into this fine and sometimes frustrating hobby.
Nice choice of first scope.

You will have loads of questions, that perhaps feel stupid to ask, they are not stupid at all.
Many of us here will have had the same or similar questions when we were starting out,
many like myself are still asking questions after 30 years of scope ownership.

SGL is a friendly place, its polite but has a great sense of humour.
Folks are from all over, mainly the UK, but Europe wide and many of our Cousins across the pond.

Again welcome.

Alan

• Like 2

Hello Tony, and welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your time with us,

great choice of scope, it will give you years of enjoyment, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

• Like 1

Many thanks to you all for your warm welcome and advice, it’s much appreciated! My 200P arrived a couple of hours ago. In a most unprecedented move, for me, I sat down with a cuppa and read through all the instructions before I started unpacking it all. I’m now pleased to say it’s all put together. It’s a little bigger than I thought it’d be, but not by a huge amount. Now it’s just down to me to read, then read some more and then, if and when conditions allow, to start dipping my toes in the water. Thanks once again to you all!

Edit - I must say I’m very impressed with SkyWatcher’s packaging and instructions. I was half expecting a piddly 2 page pamphlet in the box, but the instructions were very comprehensive, with plenty of basic advice on setup etc. Very good. 

Edited by Tony1972
  • Like 1

Tony

Welcome from Land Down Under

You travel the universe in this forum

I have the 250 flex model 

You can also use your Dob for solar viewing

Just sticky tape piece Baader visual film underside cap hard plastic cover

I also made up a cap for the finderscope using plastic cap off an aerosol can inner, and cardboard tube as outer

Baader cover finderscope.jpg

Baader cover finderscope 2.jpg

Lid Dob Baader Film.jpg