Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Polar scope illuminator

I am not familiar with these but I am guessing that the "+" inside the cap indicates that its the cap that holds the battery in. If so then I would drill and tap the side of the cap to take 3 M2.5 grub screws placed at equal spacings. You could then push on the cap and tighten the grub screws to hold it in place.

Best I can suggest  as a repair

Yes you are correct but that measures 5mm in depth not sure if I could get holes in there. Plus the screw cap switches it off and one.

I am at a loss how to fix it I am hoping some clever person on here can help.

Thank you for the suggestion though I appreciate it.

20190720_191011.jpg

Edited by wookie1965

I think Anthony is probably right.  I assume the screw thread allows a gap to open up between the battery terminal and the battery to turn it off.  A fairly hideous piece of design IMNSHO, and one that probably makes a fix quite awkward.

Perhaps, given some faffing about, it might be possible to wire in a switch somehow and keep the cap permanently in the "on" position, but I'm inclined to believe it would be more work than it's worth.

James

9 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I think Anthony is probably right.  I assume the screw thread allows a gap to open up between the battery terminal and the battery to turn it off.  A fairly hideous piece of design IMNSHO, and one that probably makes a fix quite awkward.

Perhaps, given some faffing about, it might be possible to wire in a switch somehow and keep the cap permanently in the "on" position, but I'm inclined to believe it would be more work than it's worth.

James

cheap option would be a bit of tin foil under the cap and a strong elastic band to keep it switched on. 

I thought of that using something hold it on if it didn't illuminate straight away and the button that turns the brightness up did turn it off that would be great.

As it doesn't just going burn through the batteries. I thought of rethreading it but I've not got anything big enough to do it.

Thank you for your replys appreciate all your help.

6 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I thought of that using something hold it on if it didn't illuminate straight away and the button that turns the brightness up did turn it off that would be great.

As it doesn't just going burn through the batteries. I thought of rethreading it but I've not got anything big enough to do it.

Thank you for your replys appreciate all your help.

just use a band to keep the top on while you align, then take it off. no need to burn through batteries, keep it in a ziplock bag so you dont lose the bits.

• Like 1