Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which 13-14mm eyepiece for DSO’s

Mike_S

5 hours ago, MSammon said:

I’ve decided to go for the APM Lunt XWA 13mm

Once again congrats for an excellent choice, if my 20mm Lunt HDC is any indication as to the 13mm Lunt 100 deg performance then you won't be missing much (if at all) with regards to the 13E, IMO. You have excellent optics, very well thought out.

And now Mr MSammon, its time for you to try this bad boy out and observe! eagerly waiting reports, Gerry

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jetstream said:

..And now Mr MSammon, its time for you to try this bad boy out and observe! eagerly waiting reports, Gerry

Great point Gerry - time to get out and get that time at the eyepiece in. The practiced eye will see lots more than the most expensive eyepiece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with the APM, once you've made a choice it's good to set aside the analysis and enjoy it.

I spent ages researching eyepieces and since I settled on a set that suited me I've never felt the urge to try anything else and have just been happy using them.

• Like 1