SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crater Cichus again

Mike JW

Thought I would do the same sketch as my previous post but this time try the "dotty technique". I found it quite relaxing mindlessly putting dots on a piece of paper. Pleased with the result but nowhere near the standard of the professionals who use this technique.  I shall not attempt this again for awhile unless the weather is so bad that I have nothing else to do - takes a very long time.

I mainly used  a 0.3 mm pen, but very small dots are 0.1 mm. I did try a 0.5 mm pen but that seems too heavy. Best viewed from a distance - 60 cm or more from screen.

1402757182_CraterCichusdots2.jpeg.thumb.jpg.384754723e811bb5568667dc6b8ea6db.jpg

Mike

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mike, that's awesome!

I had to try this. I'm much too impatient to attempt dotting by hand, so I used levels, pointillise, desaturate  and posterize in photoshop. I tried twice. The coarser one looks better to me. The zip has the original and two pointillised versions. 

Hevelius pointilised.zip

The work took no more than minutes, but looking at your result I have hours of experimenting to do before I can expect anything as good.

Great job!

• 3 weeks later...