Narrowband

Bubble Nebula in Ha

Rodd

I know, I know...another bubble.  But I love this target.  Finally got a decent night--even with an 82% Moon.  I need to add more data to get where I want to be as far as noise and depth of the surrounding nebula--also to be able to have details to sharpen in the bubble and not have  to down-sample to hide the flaws in full resolution viewing.  This one is down-sampled a bit--not completely-just reduced so full resolution is not over powering..   I think this is a decent start.  I chose the best 51 subs out of 79 (I really hate to cut subs).

TOA 130 with ASI 130 and 3nm Astrodon Ha filter

Ha: 51 300 sec

h51d2ds2ds3e.thumb.jpg.367b5fe80410ecdda18a49f13f0014ed.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 13

A question--I added 45 subs--so now there are 96--8 hours.  Should be enough but some were collected during bright moon. Anyway--the question is, is the slight stippling visible on one of my screens apparent to most?  In the long run it won't matter as by the time I combine 3 channels it will be a different image.  But for a stand alone mono--a glaring defect should be avoided.  It is only visible under full resolution-depending on the size of the monitor.  Might be nit picky...but its hard to tell. Thanks

Rodd

AA.thumb.jpg.19bf93dfcf93ac738de81d6f88c56b0f.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

There’s no such thing as too many Bubbles on this hallowed Site Rodd. To my eyes it’s perfect. 

Cracking image. 

Jarvo

Thanks Jarvo!

Rodd

3 hours ago, GWalles said:

Stunning image. I'm becoming a big fan of Ha.

Thanks G.  Ha is awesome.  It can be used alone to make very nice mono images of emission sources.  The level of structural detail can be astounding

Rodd

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I see no stippling, Rodd. It's a finely resolved Bubble and I think the bubble itself would take more sharpening.

Super.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  

Rodd

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Great detail... will good great in color

Thanks Mars--if ever the heavens cooperate.  Currently I am in a heat wave--night time temperatures are 80+F.  

Rodd