Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solarquest mount capability

A McEwan

Hi,

I've just found out about the Skywatcher Solarquest mount.

My scopes are Tak FC100DF, ED80 and Lunt 60 PT. For solar, I use Baader 2" Herschel Wedge OR Quark Chromosphere in my refractors.

Would my entire family of scopes be usable on the new Solarquest mount, either with or without some modification? I would be using the mount head on a Berlebach UNI-18 tripod.

Been out of touch for a while - means I'm discovering a whole load of new toys being available!

Ant

1 hour ago, A McEwan said:

Hi,

I've just found out about the Skywatcher Solarquest mount.

My scopes are Tak FC100DF, ED80 and Lunt 60 PT. For solar, I use Baader 2" Herschel Wedge OR Quark Chromosphere in my refractors.

Would my entire family of scopes be usable on the new Solarquest mount, either with or without some modification? I would be using the mount head on a Berlebach UNI-18 tripod.

Been out of touch for a while - means I'm discovering a whole load of new toys being available!

Ant

The Skywatcher solar quest mount is a great mount, I use one with my lunt 60mm and 70mm refractor. Would take all three of your scopes as long as it's vixen/skywatcher dovetail bar. You can upgrade to losmandy by buying the appropriate adapter kit. Keeps my lunt dead centre for visual and imaging, I'm able even to use a 3 Barlow for close up imaging of proms, etc. Highly recommend this mount. Only one negative is the tripod. I found it not sufficient but as I'd an unused eq6 tripod I put the Solarquest mount head on that. I've added some image's taken with my lunt on the Solarquest mount. 

PSX_20190713_133945.jpg

PSX_20190713_134304.jpg

PSX_20190713_132929.jpg

PSX_20190713_140016.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 1