Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Ferre

Planet stacking Linux

Hello :) I'm a Linux user (ArcoLinux, based on Arch). My question is what stacking program you other Linux-people use ? I'm willing to change to Ubuntu if that helps, no problem at all. I've been a long time Debian/Ubuntu/Mint user so changing isn't an issue. For wide angle/DSO photography I use Siril but for planetary stuff it doesn't seem to work. Or am I really that dumb ? ;) Thx in advance :)

CVAstroAlign. I even used it to align native-resolution frames (of my MFT sensor) of the moon, not just videos.

However, I miss ROI selection and de-rotation from it. Thinking about writing my own tool for that tasks, or maybe patching it...

There's also Stackistry.   I've not tried it yet, but have a note to give it a go next time I need to do some processing.  The author used to be a regular poster here, though I don't recall seeing much from him recently.

James

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

The author used to be a regular poster here, though I don't recall seeing much from him recently.

A quick check suggests he's still around, though posting infrequently.

James

Another possibility is Autostakkert. As!3 works well for me in wine on Ubuntu and I've been happy with it. 

Thx everybody for the good advice. Installed Autostakkert and it runs very well under Wine :)