Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
i am having so many difficulties as far as i remember to make some nice flats to match my images.For some reason it it impossible for me to find the secret spot in time and adu for my Flats.
This is my equipment :
Telescope: Redcat 51
Camera: Atik 383l+ mono (i know the shutter problem that's why i always aim for 3sec and above for taking my flats)
Filter Wheel: Atik EFW2 (36mm)
Filters: Astrodon Ha & Oiii 36mm 3nm
FlatBox: Geoptic flat field generator 164mm (dimmable)
Image aquire software: APT Tool v3.71
Software: Astro Pixel Processor
This is what i get...i am uploading some images converted in jpeg for the site...
Photo A is a MASTER FLAT Ha (Bin 1x1) created with 30 Darks, 50 FLats (3.7sec adu 22000), 50 Dark Flats, 100 Bias
Photo B is a MASTER FLAT Oiii (Bin 2x2) created with 30 Darks, 50 FLats (5sec adu 46000), 50 Dark FLats, 100 Bias
Photo C is an example result of stacking my fits of Helix Nebula at Bin 2x2 , with the above calibration master frames (this is the Oiii in this case)
Are my calibration frames Over correcting ? if yes what can i do ?
Is the Optical path problematic ? as i can see at photo A ? what can i do , what to check ?
I have checked also the filter wheel position related to filter change , but it comes centered...i couldn't see a fault on it.
i Believe i have a problem also finding the correct ADU value....i made any experiments by changing the adu value and i have tried at 22000, 32000, 47000 by using the CCD Flats Aid.......but nothing all come out the same.
I hope someone can help cause i am loosing my mind and my fits 😥
This has been my project since the start of this season and now I think I´ll just leave it... for now 😉
I started last season (with a longer FL) but didn´t like how my Baader O3 filter matched the Astrodon Ha filter, so now I had to get a 3nm O3 as well.
This is a total of:
60*5 minutes of 3nm Ha
114*5 minutes of 3nm O3.
Shot with a ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool and a Canon 300/4L IS tele lens. The lens suffers from bad star shapes in the corners but I managed to get it decent anyway. Didn´t want to stop it down from f/4 either.
Combined as a semi-RGB (or what to call it) from R=Ha, G=70%O3+30%Ha, B=O3. Processed it as LRGB using a combined Lum from 60% Ha L and 40% O3 L.
I am really happy that I finally feel satisfied with a target! Usually I just get restless and move on when half of the data is collected.
Hope you like it!
By lux eterna
I recently collected some OIII data for my previous attempt of the Elephants Trunk. I used a 2" Astronomik 12nm filter inside my TS Imaging Star 71, riding in my dual imaging rig. I knew it would be very difficult to point the TS71 correctly and frame the Trunk with the OIII filter blocking so much light, so I was lucky to have this method which put it spot on target.
I added the OIII data as a "lighten" layer to the original blue channel, then used some "selective colour" etc (alignment was done with Registar). The new image is a bit dark, I know, but that is intentional and I think it works well if watched in low ambient light. C&C most welcome.
Used Nikon D7000 & NexGuide on HEQ5 Pro.