Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apollo 11 landing site

21 hours ago, Moonshed said:

if we can see galaxies at the very edge of the universe billions of light years away why can’t we see objects on the Moon that’s only 240,000 miles away? I try to explain about resolving power and so on but may as well talk to a budgie. 

At least budgies know enough not to try try to argue about fundamental physics.

John

Edited by westmarch
  • Haha 1

I got this using my old mobile phone held by a cheapo clamp to the eyepiece in my 12 inch F/5.3 dob. It's not the Apollo 11 landing site but the Apollo 15 one next to the Hadley Rille. For scale, the rille is about 1,500 metres across. I'm not any sort of imager and I'm sure that a proper lunar imager could do lots better but I was quite pleased with it for a casual snap. No sign of the Lunar Rover though - it must have been clamped and towed away ...... :icon_jokercolor:

apollo15site.thumb.jpg.1ab668235fc1856c1676052a1943c2db.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 06:10, westmarch said:

At least budgies know enough not to try try to argue about fundamental physics.

John

I'm assuming that you guys are calling people "budgies" because you have a degree (or some kind of formal education) when it comes to "Law of Physics", right?? Facebook doesn't count... 

• Haha 1