Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Big scope finally, hopefully choosing right accessories

Finally i decided to go with larger scope, it is a 20" Dobsonian, so i talked with a person who is willing to design or make the structure for me at very reasonable price, i feel happy for that as i was thinking i will only go with either 16" or 18" dob anyway, but with his prices i felt like 20" is now possible.

The only thing that is stopping the making to go through is that i have to decide on which primary mirror to use, secondary mirror is already chosen and let's say it will be purchased soon next month hopefully, but i keep thinking about primary mirrors, and i asked in another forum and i've got all answers, but i also waiting a budget that can be a factor for me to which mirror i can go, i don't want to go with cheapest mirrors such as GSO one, but i can't just say i can afford the highest quality such as Zambuto, but the more i wait the more i feel like i really want to go with Zambuto and never look back, the scope will be like my most used ultimate one, so i don't mind to use the best highest quality i can find for it, and sounds Zambuto is that name for it.

The scope will be mainly for planetary imaging, but i decided to make this Dob for main visual too, DSO and planetary, and for that i really think the best quality mirror is a must, but i shouldn't forget about another accessories i may need for it as well, collimation i will buy something worthy, coma corrector most likely for visual i don't mind coma and for planetary i will be using Powermate so coma isn't an issue, but i am thinking about finders or guiding if i need those, also what is the best option to go with, EQ platform or an EQ mount that can handle minimum 100KG if possible, also dew shield and shroud, so i want to know everything i may need once i get that 20" Dob in my place, i want to be ready for anything possible, i will try to see if i can buy or build something like a shed for it so i don't need to move it a round a lot, i will not transport or travel with this dob out of my yard even for darkest sites, but  the person said he will make the design based on the Ultra Compact design, so maybe it can be tearing down for transport, so the possible is there, but until that, i won't take it out of my yard any soon.

Can't wait to have that scope, waiting that budget really, and i hope it is a great budget so i can try to accelerate the making of it to get it soon, typically it will take 3-5 months either for the structure itself or the primary mirror, so i know this year i won't have it, but by next year before the planets are out up again i want to have this scope and get ready to visual and imaging.

• 4 weeks later...

Changes in plan, i decided to go with Zambuto mirror after all, and i think i will go with the quartz option as i don't want any surprises with weather/conditions any time, Zambuto wanted or suggested i go with Supermax version to save the cost, but when i told him about conditions then he agreed about Quartz finally, if i will pay it once then better make it the best even it is too much, if i will pay over $7000 anyway then $1000-2000 difference isn't gonna change the worse, the waste will happen no matter, and i will buy it for lifetime, so i am ready later to pay more to have a mirror with less headaches, not only about quality anyway.

Zambuto mirror of quartz will take nearly 10 months more or less, so until 10 months or 1 year i can try to save for it monthly or every 2 months period, i hope i can get the budget fully made next year, i can start with a down-payment as he said to secure the making, but i prefer to have something like 40-50% of the total cost in my hand or sooner than later then i can think about saving, the dob structure will be ready within 2-3 months not a problem, the person told me he wanted the details about the primary mirror and he already had the secondary mirror model so he can resume and finish the design, later i can get the mirror and install it myself.