Primaluce Lab Eagle 3Q com port problems

Hi guys

I am having difficulties with my new Primaluce Lab Eagle 3Q

It seems to be having difficulties finding the right com port.

I am using EQMOD and when the setting page comes up and I hit the binocular button to find the com port it says cannot find com port.

I have checked the com ports on device manager and it highlights two ports 13 & 16 but agin when I set these in EQMOD it again states it cannot find the port.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The find COM port in Eqmod doesn't always work properly and I'm not sure if it checks (or works) for ports above COM port 8.

It seems you have a lot of COM ports that are not available to use due to them not being released properly when a USB device is unplugged. In device manager expand the PORTS section and from the top menu bar select 'View\Show Hidden Devices'. A lot of greyed out COM ports should appear. If you right click a greyed out COM port entry and select 'Uninstall device' it should free up that COM port for use by other devices. Free up all the greyed out ones if you wish as it won't cause any problems.

Your Eqmod COM port is remembered by the Eqmod device so you'll have to manually change it to a lower COM port number. Right click the device manager COM port entry for your Eqmod device and select 'Properties\Port Settings\Advanced'. Under COM port number select one of the now available lower COM port numbers (8 or below) and click OK (twice). The device manager Eqmod COM port should have changed. On the Eqmod settings page select this new COM port number and it should now work OK.

If you're not sure which is your Eqmod device in Device manager, just unplug and re-plug your Eqmod USB connector and see which entry disappears and reappears. 

I hope this helps you out. :smile:

Alan 

Just to add COM ports 1 and 2 are quite likely used by the actual hardware serial ports on the motherboard even if they are not actually wired to be used. Latest motherboards may only have 1 COM port on the motherboard so COM 2 may be available but it's normal practice for user defined COM ports to start at COM 3. Someone who actually has an Eagle 3 could confirm this. :smile:

Alan

Hi 

I followed your advice tonight and it worked a treat. Most of the com ports were greyed out. Thank you so much for the advice, it is greatly appreciated.

However when I rebooted the eagle after my success with the EQMOD my laptop could not find the Eagles wifi network.

i am not sure what to do now, any suggestions would once again be appreciated.

Richard Foxley

Glad you got the COM ports sorted out Richard and that the Eqmod is now working.

Regarding your Wi-Fi problem that has now arisen, I don't have an Eagle 3 so aren't familiar with its way of working. Have you gone through the steps in the manual to setup the wi-fi. It seems it can create its own wi-fi network or connect to an existing one. Hopefully someone who has an Eagle 3 can help you out. If you connect a HDMI monitor and keyboard/mouse to the Eagle 3 you can see what the wi-fi status is.

Alan 

• 1 month later...

I have an Eagle 3Q and have also had wifi issues. Fillippo at PrimeLuca labs is quite helpful and suggests that a possible cause is interference from other networks. Its difficult to be able to get away from other networks to test this out.

When I have had it working the range seems to be only 20-25 feet, which is a bit dissapointing. I ended up buying a very long ethernet cable which it works well with.

Archived