Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spots appearing on video - C11 XLT.

Looking at some AVI's I captured on the Moon using a C11 XLT SCT with a Neximage 5 camera I noticed some imperfections on the video and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what might cause these?

If I look at the very front glass part of the C11 there appear to be a few, maybe 3 or 4 very small bits of crumb of something on the inside of the glass.

Would tiny things like that manifest themselves as what's to be seen highlighted in the picture below?

If so I will need to look to clean it but as I am a total beginner I am loathe to do that unless it's completely necessary... 

Moon_Neximage5.JPG

Moon_Neximage5_2.JPG

Thanks all. Only thing in the imaging train is the camera (and a backfocus spacer which is hollow) so that must be it. Phew! :)

What's best to clean that sensor with? A lint free cloth like you'd clean glasses with? Don't want to scratch it.

Edited by WicklowSkies76
  • Like 1