Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Dan20

Where to buy telescope internationally?

That's Orion's website.

They are a reputable shop. They are more or less a rebranding company that takes commonly available mass produced kit and resell it under their own brand.

Not sure where you want it shipped but from USA (where they are) to Canada they covered all the fees etc so what I paid online was the amount the entire exercise cost.

Edited by cotak

Put it in your cart and go to checkout, after you've entered yout address the site will show you the shipping cost...

FWIW, I checked how much it would cost for First Light Optics to ship some eyepieces to Australia when we were over there earlier this year. It turned out that I could buy BST Starguider EPs and have them shipped to Aus for less than it would to buy and have delivered to UK. I suspect that the removal of VAT more than made up for the increased shipping costs. That said, you might need to pay taxes etc. in the destination country and it depends on where you are in Asia as to whether FLO can deliver to you: check out the map on this page. HTH, Geoff

I checked out FLO and it is much better compared to Orion's shipping fees. (At least for me)

In Orion, 1,799 USD becomes a 3,300 USD because of the shipping fees.

In FLO, I get decent shipping fees 

p.s. I live in the Philippines FLO works for me, thanks btw

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bigdaddyjeff
      Please find for sale my SkyWatcher 250 Reflector and NEQ6 SynScan mount. 

The reflector has of course been used and shows sign of use on the outside of the tube but the mirrors show little sign of wear or tear apart from a few dust specks. As you can see from the photos the Scope is in very good condition and all viewings are welcome.

The NEQ6 mount powers up but refuses to move. This may be just an update to the handset or maybe the gears need a touch of TLC due to itself being sat doing nothing for so long. The tripod is missing the locking pin that pulls the plate up against the legs but this will be reflected in the price. 

i would like to offer this to the SGL community as I know it will go to someone who will appreciate the kit and do so much more with it than I’ve been able to. 

Given the fact I haven’t used this kit for a few years now and I’m also moving house, I know longer have the time or room for it so this is the only reason for sale. 

*** Update 26/1/2020
      I have purchased a new support shaft for the tripod and I have also got the NEQ6 moving so the motors seem to be absolutely fine, please see latest video attached of the NEQ6 powered up and moving. 
      Skywatcher 250 - £200 
      NEQ6 - £450 
      Collection only from Walsall/West Midlands 
      Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. 
      Wishing you all clear skies wherever you are

IMG_2242.MOV
    • By markastro
      Hi,

Looking for a 12" DOB (or larger) which can be transported to Prestwick, Ayrshire. Any brand, as long as the telescope is optically sound and in good working order. I'm a reliable buyer who has bought and sold on this site before.

Thanks,

Mark
    • By Asghar
      Hi all,

I'm pretty new to astronomy and need help deciding if I should buy the following telescope or not, mainly if there is anything visibly missing by looking at the photos?

Thanks in advance!

• By dragorom7
      Hello, i am new to this forum, i made my account here because i need help.
      So few weeks ago i ordered a USB to Serial cable to be able to Control my Telescope with my computer using stellarium.
      It arrived today.
      So i made my Star Alignment, then i plugged the cable to my Telescope and Computer, i installed the Cable driver and ASCOM Platform + ASCOM Celestron Driver.
      I started DriverConnect.exe and put the Celestron Driver i downloaded, and did the properties informations ( had to tick on "Advanced Setup" and "Show All COM Ports" ) and i put "COM8" on "COM Port", then i pressed "OK" and then "Connect"
      Result:
      Create              Creating device
      Connected           Connecting to device
      Error               System.Exception: Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected
         to System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
         to CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Boolean )
         to ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
      Dispose             Disposing of device
      ReleaseComObject    Releasing COM instance
      ReleaseComObject    Completed release. Count: 0
      GC Collect          Starting garbage collection
      GC Collect          Completed garbage collection

"Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected"

In Stellarium i set-up everything, the plug-in and restarted the app, then added my telescope  and i says it's "connected" but i can't find my telescope.

Telescope:
      Celestron NexStar 127SLT
      The Cable i bought:
      https://www.amazon.com/Telescope-CP2102-Adapter-Control-Console/dp/B077G37VL1/
      PC Specs:
      Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, 8GB Ram(DDR4), i7 6700 3.4Ghz

Looking forward for your help, thanks in advance,
      dragorom7.
    • By LILYDENISE
      Hello everyone, happy Tuesday.
      First time stargazer here, I'm hoping I can get some awesome feedback from you guys. 
      my fiancé and I are planning on taking a trip to Great Basin National Park from October 25th-30th, we're trying to catch the new moon, we want to do some deep sky viewing but we're having such a hard time on knowing which kind of telescope to purchase. we do have a few must- haves on our purchase, but I wanted to see what you guys recommend and what your experiences have been.
      we need a telescope that is portable
      good for deep sky viewing
      reflector vs. refractor
      and almost, but not necessarily, easy to use (we have time to learn the ins and outs of it)
      I apologize if its a lot, but trying to understand the jargon, as of now, is giving me a hard time
      Cant wait for any responses!!
      p.s. anyone ever been to Great Basin? what should we expect on our trip? its our first time going and first time doing any serious camping!!!
      THANKS A BUNCH!!!
      -LILY 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.