Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade ETX 90 RA - Parts Needed

Hi All, I'm fairly new to stargazing and was looking for some help with my telescope. I've been happy with my Meade ETX 90 RA for a while until it stopped focusing. I've traced the problem to a broken plastic cog on the motor. Back in the day I would have popped into Maplin to get myself sorted but I don't have a clue where to get telescope parts. I live in West Yorkshire and it looks like the Green Witch in Birstall is closed down. Would anyone be able to provide some suggestions?  Many thanks in advance!   :)

Edited by Sham
Title

Ebay I'd say, that's where I get all of my cogs. You just need a couple of measurements; The number of teeth, the depth of the teeth (this is nearly always 0.5 or 1mm and is referred to as MOD 0.5 or MOD 1) and the width of the bore. 

You can get them for pennies.

Hi, this is the gear I'm trying to find a replacement for.

65mm diameter, 50mm height,  11 teeth (1mm). Bore hole is 2mm but it has a flat side and I don't know what you call it? I've uploaded a pic hoping this will help. Any help would be very much appreciated! 

20190705_112330.jpg

Edited by Sham
Description

11 minutes ago, Sham said:

Hi, this is the gear I'm trying to find a replacement for.

65mm diameter, 50mm height,  11 teeth (1mm). Bore hole is 2mm but it has a flat side and I don't know what you call it? I've uploaded a pic hoping this will help. Any help would be very much appreciated! 

I think you might got the dimensions of the gear wheel wrong. 65mm diameter and 50mm thick ?