Narrowband

Gain Settings - Zwo ASI 1600mm Cool

Doug64

2 hours ago, symmetal said:

I've uploaded the Excel spreadsheet to my MediaFire Cloud Storage account. I've uploaded two versions. The .xlsx is for the latest versions of Excel which I used, while the .xls version should work with older versions of Excel that don't recognise the newer format. The free Open Office suite of programs should read the .xls file without problems if you don't have Microsoft Office. I don't know if it recognises the newer format.

ASI1600 Sky background ADU chart (.xlsx)

ASI1600 Sky background ADU chart (.xls)

If you want to enter your own values for gain and offset in columns one and two, you also need to enter the Read Noise in electrons (e-) in column three, and Gain in electrons/ADU (e-/ADU) in column four as read from the ASI1600 graphs in the manual which correspond to the column one gain. The values you've entered in columns three and four will be plotted on the graphs in the spreadsheet so you can see if the values are good as the curves should still retain their overall shape. I've posted the Zwo graphs below if you've misplaced the manual. :smile:

I included a graph for the offset as originally I used the Zwo gain and offset values where the offset varied with the gain and the graph shape indicated if the values you entered followed the Zwo curve. If you use a fixed offset value then the offset graph doesn't tell you anything useful.

470262944_ASI1600graphs.png.8381882f28b9b5130457077cd315d946.png

Hope Mark and Doug and anyone else finds this useful. :smile:

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for your advice and for uploading the charts.

Doug 

Edited by Doug64