Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr niall said:

That's fab - what focal length is that? I don't think I've ever seen M16 framed like that.

Thanks. It was taken with my qhy183m and flt98 and 0.8x Reducer which gives a focal length of 494. 

54 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Cool, lovely wide field image, hope you don't mind I've played around with your image. 

PSX_20190702_125316.jpg

That's fine. I knew I could push the data further, but I don't like how grainy its looking. At a distance it looks fine, but at full resolution, not so good

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Thats phenomenal for only 90 seconds total exposure.... 

Even more so when considering it's quite low down in the murky UK skies :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Even more so when considering it's quite low down in the murky UK skies :D

And no astro darkness. 

This target only just cleared the neighbours fence. So much so that my 2nd scope was blocked by it. 

4 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Thats phenomenal for only 90 seconds total exposure.... 

Thanks. I cannot see this being done with a OSC camera in 3 subs. 

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

I would have said the same even with mono, but here we are...

This is very true. I do have the OSC version of this camera as well. I may do a comparison shot at some point. 

43 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

This is very true. I do have the OSC version of this camera as well. I may do a comparison shot at some point. 

Do it... it'll be very interesting to see your results... 

47 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

One thing for sure is that when I image NB, I need to expose for longer than mono CCD imagers to get similar SNR.

Sorry to pour cold water on your fantastics image but as I read the conditions, this was supposed to be a single exposure of 30s.  Or am I wrong?

17 minutes ago, Gina said:

Sorry to pour cold water on your fantastics image but as I read the conditions, this was supposed to be a single exposure of 30s.  Or am I wrong?

My guess is maybe. The rules seem a bit vague on this as its only said that all entries must fit the theme "30 second exposures, unguided" which this image does. There's only 1 x 30 second Ha, 1 x 30 second O111 and 1 x 30 second S11 which are actually all uncalibrated. 

It was also asked in that thread if separate lrbg images could be entered as long as they're single 30 seconds subs, without response. So I took a chance. 

I guess it's up to the judges if this is allowed or will be disqualified. Either way it was fun

• Like 1