Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter first light with a zen 10” Mak (28th June)

stuy

Hi all 

it’s been a long while since I’ve posted anything due to massive work comments, but had a chance to observe Jupiter with a lovely 10” zen f 12.5 Gregory Maksutov, recently acquired from paul c 

the seeing wasn’t great  5/10  but I noticed a very dark NEB , and the GRS was as just exiting but with a defined eyebrow effect I call it  of the SEB ,over the GRS , the seeing started too improve and I noticed afestoons coming off th the NEB  all observing done with magnifications from 150x to 240x using Zeiss mark v binoviewer with Baader zoom eyepieces 

AB629166-0E9B-43FB-BECB-7B2447E447AB.jpeg

780CCFC3-411E-4B92-B4AB-F52FED463E67.jpeg

Edited by stuy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Wonderful scope which should be amazing on Jupiter when it is higher. Plenty of nice globs to go after at the moment which it will excel on too!

Yes  stu a cracking scope with a small central obstruction 24%, the optics are superb as good as as the intes  micro Mak 10” f15  I had and foolishly sold 😔but this zen is as good easily 😉 paul c customised it a bit adding vents at the end of tube assembly to increase the cool down time 👍

• Like 1