Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

xtreemchaos

large Dynamic Prom 28-6-19

at last something to image, a nice prom on the mid oncoming limb well worth a look if you get chance.

kit ar127l "old faithfull" quark asi120mc. seeings not bad, it was terrible last night while trying to image Jupiter.

thanks for looking. clear skys. charl.

1818238649_prom28-6-19.thumb.png.343c87667e7b4cb44ea080827c90c8d3.png

• Like 14

Cool, thanks for the tip off, will take a look if it clears, high misty clouds around sun at the moment. 

• Like 1

thanks Micheal, lovely and clear here but its hot mind numbing hot mate. hope it clears with you . charl.

thanks Nigella. deff worth a look mate make sure you have some sunblock on the heat is nasty . charl.

• Like 1

You did well to catch that - it has now been ejected far our into space... shame you didn't do a time lapse of it!

Have a look on GONG (http://halpha.nso.edu/) and click on the film canister icon of the El Teide feed and you can see it all unfold (literally!).

• Like 1

thanks Gav, id just about run outa range by the time i got a few vids mate by 9.45 ive the window frame in shot. at this time of year ive about hour at the most plus the suns a lot higher this year which cuts the time down. thanks for the link. charl.

Well caught Charl, saw it on GONG earlier, got set up but by the time the cloud cleared it had taken off :hmh:

Dave

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for the image Charl, it had lifted off and disappeared by the time I had a chance to look, thought something had gone wrong with the telescope!    😀

• Like 1

thanks Dave, i was glad to knock the dust off my quark mate, sorry you missed it "darn clouds" boy its hot here today. charl.

your welcome Peter, i think i just got lucky mate, hope theres something where it was ready to move onto the limb. charl.

Best prom i have seen for a while, well done for catching it! Hopefully it means something is looking around the corner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

hope theres something where it was ready to move onto the limb. charl.

Maybe AR2748 coming around again.

Dave

Farside.PNG.05022cfa02caf9161b3511b278ec832b.PNG

Nice catch Charl. A couple of small spots visible in white light (just west of centre) when I looked this evening. Hopefully get chance to image in the morning.

• Like 1

Great capture Charl.

I missed it, maybe I should have gone to bed earlier istead of processing jove while silly o'clock.

• Like 1

thanks David, I just got lucky mate, i got up late through being up late the night before "hoping jupiters seeing would improve" and i was only 10min away from the darn window frame. hope you had better luck today cloud here all day. charl.

thanks Steve, same here id didnt hit the sack untill 3am the night before , i nearly missed it myself mate. charl.

3 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Steve, same here id didnt hit the sack untill 3am the night before , i nearly missed it myself mate. charl.

3am 😯 thats early i looked up and noticed i was 5-30 am.

A bit like a winter imaging sess.

I should have stopped up and got the sol kit out.

• Like 1

thats hardcore mate ive got to have a few hours sleep or i get crankie 😀.

Oh i did get a few hours in 🛌