Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Condon

Venus is occulted by the Moon in daylight on 1st December 2008

I didn't see Venus disappear due to work, but did see re-appear. Had the 66ED scope out with a WO12.5mm SPL eyepiece. Through that it looked like a distant sun rising above a planet.

Folks,

Happy that some of you had the good fortune to see the event.

My prayers to the "Rain" gods were half answered. No rain but decent cloud clouds1.gifcover in Kings Langley totally obscured the Moon and Venus!!

The weather was brillant in the morning with the clouds building up during the afternoon.

Trust the next event is cloud free wherever you are.

If anyone got some images I would love to see them.

Cheers

Adrian Envy.gif

Well i was very lucky and just caught the re-appearence. Took the dog out and as i went through the front door could just see the Moon with Venus just peeking out, only lasted for a few minutes before the cloud rolled in.

A frustrating day of cloud. We decided to show the pupils of a large local High school the event but the start and finish was totally clouded out. To add to the frustration whilst driving home the sky cleared and I managed to take the attached photo which was hand held (1/10 sec at F4 - 3200 iso with a 300mm lens).

Mark

Next up: 7 Jan 2009, 4-7 pm, waxing gibbous Moon traverses Pleiades (Altitude 45d).