Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher Camera Rotator for 72ED now Available

19 hours ago, FLO said:

Probably. I will check when at my desk tomorrow then will reply again 🙂 

Steve 

Unfortunately not. There were no Sky-Watcher .85x reducer-flatteners in this shipment. They are scheduled to arrive in 3-4 weeks. 

16 hours ago, rvr said:

Are the threads M54-male/M54-male? Can I connect the OVL field flattener directly?

Our first delivery should arrive tomorrow so I will check then reply again then or Monday, depending on what time they arrive. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

The rotator has a male M54 thread telescope-side so screws directly to the telescope drawtube (after removing the telescope's black-anodised accessory holder). On the reducer/camera side the rotator has a male M56 thread so the reducer for 72ED will screw directly to the rotator (without the reducer's supplied adapter). When our next delivery of reducers arrives we will make and post a photo showing the setup. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2019 at 23:26, StarlightHunter said:

Any news on connecting this accesory to the OVL field flattener?

I'm interested too.

Nope, it´s not fitting. Also, I got the Info from OVL that the Rotator is threaded M56(M) for the SW Reducer/Flattener while the OVL Flattener is M48 thread.

Therefore, I bought an adapter M56(F) to M48(M) together with my Rotator BUT its not fitting the Rotator. Somehow this is again some weird angle of the thread that after a few turns the adapter can not be screwed fully onto the Rotator. Don´t know if I can use it like that (see picture) but at least I have to test if I still get into focus... I like the OVL flattener and did not plan to get the 0.8 reducer/flattener from SW...

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/07/2019 at 13:50, NAugustin said:

Nope, it´s not fitting. Also, I got the Info from OVL that the Rotator is threaded M56(M) for the SW Reducer/Flattener while the OVL Flattener is M48 thread.

Therefore, I bought an adapter M56(F) to M48(M) together with my Rotator BUT its not fitting the Rotator. Somehow this is again some weird angle of the thread that after a few turns the adapter can not be screwed fully onto the Rotator. Don´t know if I can use it like that (see picture) but at least I have to test if I still get into focus... I like the OVL flattener and did not plan to get the 0.8 reducer/flattener from SW...

I received my rotator almost a month ago and it fitted perfectly with the OVL flattener. You need to unscrew the beveled part of the flattener. That's it.

Here it is a photo of the fitting. Hope this helps

IMG_20190813_092714.jpg

IMG_20190813_092601.jpg

Edited by StarlightHunter
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my SW reducer screwed on to the rotator and then my 183MC attached BUT you can't get focus, not enough inward travel ! I'm guessing the rotator and reducer/flattener is only going to work with a dslr ?

If you read the thread about trying various reducers on here I'm surprised that skywatcher released this ! It's always been difficult finding enough focus travel, this just makes it worse 😒

Don't get me wrong, I love my ED72 but with a William optics 0.8 reducer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2019 at 09:31, StarlightHunter said:

I received my rotator almost a month ago and it fitted perfectly with the OVL flattener. You need to unscrew the beveled part of the flattener. That's it.

Here it is a photo of the fitting. Hope this helps

IMG_20190813_092714.jpg

IMG_20190813_092601.jpg

Just we I am on the same page here - when you unscrew the bevel on the OVL as in your bottom photo, it reveals an M56 female thread? Second question - how did you unscrew the bevel, mine is rock solid!

21 hours ago, Deeko said:

Just we I am on the same page here - when you unscrew the bevel on the OVL as in your bottom photo, it reveals an M56 female thread? Second question - how did you unscrew the bevel, mine is rock solid!

Yes. M56 female that fits directly into the rotator.

About being rock solid, I just unscrewed it. Had not any problem doing it in my case. I think you will need to try tips and tricks for blocked nuts and screws.

13 hours ago, Skyline said:

Any update FLO when they are likely to be back in stock Please ?

Unfortunately not 🙁

I just phoned their UK distributor, they literally don't have any info regarding ETA. 

Steve