SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi after all, lol.

Nigella Bryant

Hi everyone, I joined nearly a year ago but never said hi, shy, lol. My background in astronomy started when I was 11, now 60. I've been out of the hobby for sometime, probably near 15 years.  I've owned several scopes in the past, mostly meade SCT 10 inch and 12inch. Have built over the years 3 run off roof observatories. Used to use film using slide version pushed to asa 800. I've loads of slides from the 90's when I used to manual guide my scope up to 45 mins just using my eye and a cross hair 12 mm eyepiece with an off axis guider. I've done a little planetary imaging in the early 2000 using a tucam webcam too, image of Saturn taken back then with the tucam and 10 inch meade.

It's a different era now with tech on scopes and imaging camera's but I'm hopefully getting to grips with technology and software. I bought myself a second hand Neq6 last year and anow orion UK 12inch f4 Newtonian which I have modded so that it can be used as both a deep sky Imager at f4 and a planetary Imager at f20. So far things are looking good scope wise and performing well. I just need to get to grips with using phd to eventually guide scope and software to develop the images obtained by the scope.

Now instead of a run off roof observatory I've bought myself a second hand 2.7m pulsar observatory.  A few tweaks this week with pier hight and polar alignment. 

Well that's me from the year 1969 to 2019 plus hopefully several more years, lol.

BTW,  I've found this site the best for advice, willing people to share their wisdom and genuinely nice people, so thank you in advance also of probably some stupid questions from me, Ella

PSX_20190510_142956.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, knobby said:

Nice Saturn image ! Welcome to the forum ( after 18 months 😅)

Thanks, taken a loooong time ago, hopefully I'll be able to start again using a zwo ASI224mc. I've also got a zwo asi120mm plus filter wheel but with the planet's so low I don't think it's feasible this time. Mars will be better placed for LRGB imaging next year, also something I've not done b4. 

Better late than never they say, Welcome to SGL...Best of Luck and Clear Skies of course.

Freddie.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Lounge Ella,  nice to have another female on board.

Sounds like you know what you are doing, but ask away if you need any help.  I agree this is a very helpful site. 

Carole

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, carastro said:

Welcome to the Lounge Ella,  nice to have another female on board.

Sounds like you know what you are doing, but ask away if you need any help.  I agree this is a very helpful site. 

Carole

Thanks Carole, yes it's nice to see more females getting into the hobby (not being sexist BTW ,  lol).

Hello ella! I'm another female with the same hobby and i'm rather young (20years old) and inexperienced compared to you. I'm still learning the way. I hope i will be able to learn loads from you and someday be of some help to you too!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, starhopper13 said:

Hello ella! I'm another female with the same hobby and i'm rather young (20years old) and inexperienced compared to you. I'm still learning the way. I hope i will be able to learn loads from you and someday be of some help to you too!

Hiya, more than happy to help where I can. 

• Like 1