Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
stardude07

COMPLETED - Stellarvue SV105-3SV Refractor

Hello,

I am wanting (not really 😪) to sell my Stellarvue SV105-3SV with tube rings [not shown in pictures]. The telescope is in great condition with very little dust and no scratches. There is one very small ding in the dew shield paint but it is not dented and it is almost not even noticeable. It happened when I took the telescope out of the saddle and it lightly hit the saddle. The telescope has never been dropped or had any issues and is optically perfect with a strehl of .95 or higher (claimed by Stellarvue).

I've only used this telescope for imaging however I've once or twice thrown an eyepiece in it during a star party or two and it's VERY crisp with no false color.

Currently I live in Italy so that's where it can be picked up or shipped from. Price is negotiable however Stellarvue says it is worth around $1200-$1500 USD. The nice thing is you wouldn't have any VAT from Stellarvue :). Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or are interested.

Lastly, here is a link to some images that I've taken with it and what it looks like mounted up: https://www.astrobin.com/users/chriscorkill/

SV105-3SV Specifications

• Aperture: 105mm Apochromatic Precision Triplet
  • Focuser: 3" Dual Speed Focuser with 2" and 1.25" eye piece adapters
  • F Ratio: f/7
  • Focal Length: 735mm
  • Color Correction: Excellent
  • Minimum Tube Length: 16" in travel mode
  • Tube Diameter: ~ 4-1/8" (105mm)
  • Dew Shield Diameter: ~ 5-3/8" (137mm)
  • OTA Weight: ~12lbs (5.4kg)
  • Retractable Dewshield: Yes

64438856_111188216820710_2496255359170117632_n[1].jpg

64727819_111188173487381_8016152752533012480_n[1].jpg

64397175_111188193487379_7971538938659602432_n[1].jpg

Edited by stardude07

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

You need to state a price you would like for it please.

Whoops sorry about that. I’m asking around €1350 for it.  Price is negotiable.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By A_D05
      So I am fairly new to the hobby, what I mean is I have a Celestron Astromaster 114 right now but its hard to use because of the non computerized equatorial mount as well as the red dot sight is bad. I am mainly interested in looking at DSO’s because they seem very interesting. My question is should i get a refractor or sct for observing dso’s and sometimes planets? I want a computerized one with tracking so I don’t have to take a long time finding nebulae and galaxies. Also, is there a certain type of filter to see color on nebula when not using eaa and just viewing with your eyes? I am looking to spend between $600-900
      thanks, 
      drew
    • By A_D05
      Hi everyone, 
      I am thinking about buying a Celestron Nexstar 6se to use for astrophotography at a very beginner level. I am thinking about using a ZWO ASI224MC as it seems a good option. I have a few questions about how to setup/use it - here they are:
      1.) Do you just screw it on where the eyepiece is usually at?
      2.) Do you just have the cable going to a computer where you have stacking spect where that stacks the photos it takes?
      3.) Does it automatically take photos of planets and DSO’s?
      4.) Does it need any filters to get color on nebulae as those are they primary things I want to photograph
      Thats all, as you can see I am a beginner to astrophotography and just want to know how to use the camera to take decent pictures.
      Thanks all 
    • By StargazingAde
      Hi folks,
      This is one of those questions that over the last year, I am still not that sure on the best set up of my imaging train for planetary imaging using a CPC1100.  In my train is first the visual back, X2 Barlow (or powermate 2.5), manual 5 filter wheel, ADC and then the ASI290MC camera. So they say the further the ADC is from the sensor the more adjustment it has but do you have the filter wheel in front of the ADC and camera or the ADC then the filter wheel next to the camera?. 
    • By jadcx
      TS Optics Photoline 90mm Triplet
      On reflection (or should that be through the lens of reality?) this was overpriced at £800, so is now reduced accordingly  
      In excellent condition, I gave a small writeup about this when I bought it, and it is still an excellent scope.  However it has been losing out to the 60 and 76 Tak and now spends all of its time alone, safely flight-cased.
      Don't leave this scope to suffer a lonely and unused life.  Buy it and catch some great views this winter! 

Payment: PayPal (buyer pays fees) or bank transfer (preferred).
      Postage: Not included.  Collection from Nottingham, UK is free (of course), otherwise you will need to arrange your own courier.
    • By ABPhotosUK
      Hello to all,
      I've just acquired my first tracking mount, a Skywatcher Star Adventurer, having dabbled with AP some years ago with a Celestron Nexstar 5SE which I still own but quickly realised back then that I needed an EQ mount. I captured my first ever planetary images this week with the 5SE and my new ZWO ASI290MC - Jupiter and Mars -which I was pleased with as a first stab but clearly need more work and knowledge. Looking forward to contributing more on the forums.
      Clear skies,
      Andy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.