Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
stardude07

COMPLETED - Stellarvue SV105-3SV Refractor

Hello,

I am wanting (not really 😪) to sell my Stellarvue SV105-3SV with tube rings [not shown in pictures]. The telescope is in great condition with very little dust and no scratches. There is one very small ding in the dew shield paint but it is not dented and it is almost not even noticeable. It happened when I took the telescope out of the saddle and it lightly hit the saddle. The telescope has never been dropped or had any issues and is optically perfect with a strehl of .95 or higher (claimed by Stellarvue).

I've only used this telescope for imaging however I've once or twice thrown an eyepiece in it during a star party or two and it's VERY crisp with no false color.

Currently I live in Italy so that's where it can be picked up or shipped from. Price is negotiable however Stellarvue says it is worth around $1200-$1500 USD. The nice thing is you wouldn't have any VAT from Stellarvue :). Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or are interested.

Lastly, here is a link to some images that I've taken with it and what it looks like mounted up: https://www.astrobin.com/users/chriscorkill/

SV105-3SV Specifications

• Aperture: 105mm Apochromatic Precision Triplet
  • Focuser: 3" Dual Speed Focuser with 2" and 1.25" eye piece adapters
  • F Ratio: f/7
  • Focal Length: 735mm
  • Color Correction: Excellent
  • Minimum Tube Length: 16" in travel mode
  • Tube Diameter: ~ 4-1/8" (105mm)
  • Dew Shield Diameter: ~ 5-3/8" (137mm)
  • OTA Weight: ~12lbs (5.4kg)
  • Retractable Dewshield: Yes

64438856_111188216820710_2496255359170117632_n[1].jpg

64727819_111188173487381_8016152752533012480_n[1].jpg

64397175_111188193487379_7971538938659602432_n[1].jpg

Edited by stardude07

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

You need to state a price you would like for it please.

Whoops sorry about that. I’m asking around €1350 for it.  Price is negotiable.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MrGuGuZai
      Hi, want to get a new telescope, SkyWatcher Evostar 90 EQ2 or SkyWatcher heritage 130p? i saw many suggested refractor is good for planets, i mostly target planets, moon and some star only, live in city.  need some advice. thanks. 
    • By rockmattstar
      I have a nexstar 6se and I love it. I've only had it about a year and it's my first proper telescope. Every opportunity I'm out in the garden both looking through it and attaching my dslr to the back for fainter objects.
      I'm noticing I'm getting movement in the longer exposure photos and after a bit of googling I think it's the mount.
      So I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking something a little future proof but I'm not made of money so decent, reliable, cheaper end but good enough for astrophotography and with the possibility I might continue to add bits and pieces. 
      What do I need and how much am I looking? Help thanks in advance.
    • By William Productions
      Hello, I am an amateur astronomer that wants to get into deep-sky astrophotography. I already have a telescope which is Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT but it doesn't meet the requirements to take photos of wide field nebulaes/galaxies, (Ex: Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy). I need some help on what to use and afford! It has to be under £550.
      I need a 70 or 80mm optical tube, with a mount that does polar alignment and can be attached to the optical tube then I need a Canon camera that can take long exposure high ISO photos and last a filter or two to help reduce light pollution and contrast the nebula/galaxy more!
      This is just for my birthday, I do not expect the best!
      I just need a beginners setup.
    • By MrGuGuZai
      Hi, i have a Celestron ExploraScope 70AZ,  when i look at the saturn or jupiter (low or high magnification) the picture is clear if the object is at middle of my viewing but blurry and color mismatch if the object is at left side of the viewing.
    • By rorymultistorey
      Hi all,
      I've made a video about my experience looking through binoculars at deep space objects. I am NOT an observer. So I expect I got a few things wrong. Particularly the fact that it was impossible to film in complete darkness. I'd be really interested to hear whether I was way off the mark or not. And what other deep space objects are good to look at through a small pair of binos. Many thx in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.