Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 Pro with Rowan belt upgrade

TerryMcK

I've just received by new HEQ5 Pro fitted with Rowan belt upgrade from FLO. Wow it is quiet! All you can hear is the gentle zuz of the stepper motors, no grinding of gears, zero backlash!

The mount also came with SynScan version 5 (the manual is SSHCV5-F-170808V2-EN) but the manual is not currently in PDF form on SkyWatchers global website - only V4 of the manual is available. I'll have to make sure I don't drop it in a puddle.

The polarscope reticule is the newer SkyWatcher one that has 3 concentric rings corresponding to 2012, 2020 and 2028. It also has 3 subdials for 2016, 2024 and 2032. So it now corresponds with the PolarAlign app from George Varros.

I've also ordered an aluminium carrying case for the HEQ5 from 365Astronomy. https://www.365astronomy.com/Aluminium-Carrying-Case-for-HEQ5-Mount-Head.html anybody got one of these?

Rowan belt mod is well recommended if you are thinking of an upgrade.

• Like 1