Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

I kid you not. I got wife's CC out. She agreed to buy me a Tak. Went on to it like on a mission and then saw quite significant price increase. Even before I was giving it a serious thought because of the prices but you know, a Tak?! Once you but that you should be content since there's nothing else out there.

Now I am back to mulling over it. The plan was to get the 60Q + 76 objective so I can optimise and get three scopes out of one buy which should cover all bases - small and portable + white light and small chip camera 60 ; 60Q - just because it looks cool and 76 for a little more light grasp for planets and additional double stars.

It looks like there is a price to pay if you think too much :D

Sorry to hear that but I don't think we can pin it on Ian King's joining FLO 🙂 

Have a look around then if you find one cheaper request a price-match

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

Uh, sorry. Didn't mean to imply in any way that Ian King joining FLO is the reason for price increase. I am aware of Taks becoming more expensive along with other astro equipment as well. The same 80mm APOs that cost 599 just last year are now nowhere to be found or 700+.

• Sad 1

No turning back now. Rings ordered from abroad with 1 day delivery - https://www.astroshop.eu/tube-clamps/astoptics-80mm-cnc-tube-rings-tak-fs-60-pair-/p,57826. and sent price match request for Tak. Looking forward for you approving my request :) and delivery today??? :DNo pressure. Will be using my wife's CC - she's had enough of my complaints.

28 minutes ago, heliumstar said:

sent price match request for Tak. Looking forward for you approving my request :) and delivery today??? :DNo pressure. Will be using my wife's CC - she's had enough of my complaints.

You have mail 🙂 

Steve