Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6-Pro locking shaft and accessory tray

tunebanitune

Don't know the proper answer to your question but I had to replace the lock shaft on my EQ5 a while ago and found that a length of studding of the appropriate thread size and a couple of wing nuts and washers did the job satisfactorily.  

Last month's S@N mag had a picture of an accessory tray supplied by Northern Optics (link).  Said to be for a Celestron but looks as if it could do duty on EQ6?

• 3 years later...
On 19/06/2019 at 17:19, almcl said:

Don't know the proper answer to your question but I had to replace the lock shaft on my EQ5 a while ago and found that a length of studding of the appropriate thread size and a couple of wing nuts and washers did the job satisfactorily.  

Last month's S@N mag had a picture of an accessory tray supplied by Northern Optics (link).  Said to be for a Celestron but looks as if it could do duty on EQ6?

Hi

How did you find out the thread size ?

Kind Regards

John

Probably used a thread gauge from my metric tap and die set. 

In the absence of such, my usual tactic is to run a nut down the thread of the shaft (or a bolt if dealing with female) until I find one that fits. 

The EQ5 uses an M10 centre bolt, the EQ6 uses an M12.  Off hand I don't know if the thread is the same both ends of the rod, it would seem logical that it would be.

Do you have any of the tray parts or are you looking for the lot; tray, rod and all the washers/star knobs

Amazon do these expensive for a couple, but they tend to be cheaper in large quantity. So perhaps put an ad in the wanted section for all the parts you need.