Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Distilled water

bish

Yep, any marine centre will have distilled water fairly well priced, but the Halfords de-ionised water will do the job equally as well. I have used both in the past, mostly the deionised because Halfords is very nearby. Both types are purified water, slightly different process in manufacturing and result, but both run off the mirrors without leaving streaks or contaminants. 

No impact on my mirrors using de-ionised, other than being sparkly clean!

Edited by JG777
  • Like 1

The water for Marine fish is normally RO (reverse osmosis) water and is as close to pure water you can get unless you have some very expensive laboratory equipment and so I would think is ideal.

Just remember that as soon as you take the top of the container it starts to get contaminated, albeit slowly, so always keep in a closed container and not a good idea to drink it either, not that I imagine you would 😁

Steve

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

I had a similar question recently. Apparently the question of distilled vs de-ionised is controversial! You can get it off Amazon but it’s pricey. I’m sure it’s cheaper from pet store if you have one nearby.

Thanks. There are a couple of fish shops close by.

• Like 1