Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

oyabuns

Polarscope issues on EQ5 pro mount

I own a polarscope from FLO for a couple of months now, however I have never been able to get a correct polar alignment.
When I screw in the polarscope in the mount completely then the 3 angle is at the top (see picture). 
However with this polaris keeps moving out of the circle when I polar align it. (Polar alignment seems not to work)
When I loosen it I can get the reticule to 0, however the polarscope is very loosely in the mount.

How to best get the polarscope correctly into the mount and get an accurate polar alignment. 

IMG_20190614_203923.jpg

IMG_20190614_205344.jpg

IMG_20190614_211541.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Simon Dunsmore
      Selling my complete set up as I'm moving into imaging. Happy to split if it helps. 
      Skywatcher 200pds with dual speed focuser, finderscope and all relevant dust caps. 
      Synscan goto mount with polar scope. Cables, handset etc. 
      I will even throw in a lazer colminator (boxed) see images
      This is a great kit for visual observations. All in mint condition, only slight wear to dovetail Bar and slight marks to counter weights and bar. 
      All with original boxes and packaging. I've really looked after this. 
      200MM (8") F/5 PARABOLIC DUAL-SPEED GO-TO NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR
      The new Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200PDS Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror-set as the Explorer-200P Black Diamond Series, but with two significant advantages. A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision. Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography.
      *Note: the Explorer-200PDS has a larger 58mm secondary mirror, for enhanced field illumination, compared to the Explorer-200P which has a 52mm secondary.
      Looking for £550
      EQ5 £350
      200pds £245 with Lazer Collimator £230 without 

Ideally collection preferred, but can arrange postage at cost. 
      I'm located in Folkestone, Kent 
      Message me for more information. 

• By Bigwings
      I noticed on another thread that Dobbie wanted to downsize from the Skymax 150 Mak to a 127 for portability . Today we exchanged scopes wi h a cash settlement.
      Tonight M42 was passing to the front of the garage (unheated). To quote Oscar Wild (I think) " I can resist all things except temptation.
      Lifting the EQ5 to the garage door I mounted the Skymax 150 and chose the Baader Aspheric 31mm. With clutches off and no power the finder was nudged to M42. A few seconds focusing and WOW......
      M42 filled the field of view with great contrast and tac sharp stars showing trapezium as clear as I can remember. 
      It seemed to me as good a view  as I can remember with the SE8 or my 8" Newt. Perhaps it's my memory. My first light with this scope fills me with anticipation of views lunar and planetary but it certainly can do a good job on bright DSO's. Cool down was not a problem when kept in a cold garage on this occasion.
      Thanks Dobbie... I love it.

• By Clear Skies!
      I am going to buy Skywatcher EQ5 Pro Go-To mount. But, unfortunately, I am low on budget.
      So, does someone know where can I buy the cheapest EQ5 pro mount?
      Yesterday there was a low price for it (350 €), but they changed it.
      Thank you for your time!
    • By gerardsheldon
      When I look through my polarscope and rotate the RA arm, the cross hairs stay in the same place but the image itself moves.  Is this a problem? 
      I have tightened everything. 
      Can you explain why the image moves?  Is there another adjustment I need to do?
      Thank you,
      Gerard

• By dan_19991
      Hi all,
      Im living in a fairly light polluted area, and have a Skywatcher 200p on an eq5 pro mount. I've been using my phone to take pictures of varies objects with varying degrees of success ( mainly due to mounting my phone to the telescope) but ive decided id like to take imaging a little more seriously and am looking to get a DSLR with the interest of deep sky astrophotography. having said that i dont have £5k for blow on a camera and am looking to spend around the £100 mark, but dont know cameras and dont know what the best camera in my price range would be. I realize i wont be able to do too long a exposure because of my mount being unguided and it being a eq5 pro not a Heq5. any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. 
      Daniel  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.