Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

MarsG76

For Sale - Celestron NexStar 8SE GOTO Telescope

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

If anyone is looking for a great telescope, I'm selling my NexStar 8SE. It's in great condition, Optics are immaculate and there is only some signs of use on the dovetail bar and the black rim that has faded a bit on one side. The reason that I'm selling is that I'm looking to upgrade.

I had some amazing views of planets and DSO through this scope.... it really is a performer in quite a compact package.

This scope was on a CGEM most of it life so the NexStar Alt-Az mount was hardly used.

I prefer to have this scope local pickup or I'm happy to deliver and even give a tutorial and demonstration of how to use it.. for that reason I'm targeting a buyer around Sydney Australia.

The price I'm asking is $1650AUD.

Clear Skies.

IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9814.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9820.JPG

IMG_9821.JPG

Edited by MarsG76

Price reduction: $1600.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GavinC
      Hello,
      Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about whether it's possible to mount alternative OTAs with a dovetail or rings to the mount that comes with a Celestron Nexstar 80GT?  In particular I am wondering about attaching a SW Heritage 130P?  I know that Celestron did a 130mm reflecting 'scope on his mount, but it looks to also have that plastic tube clamp, seen on the 80mm image below.
      Thanks,
      Gavin

• By stardude07
      Hello,
      I am wanting (not really 😪) to sell my Stellarvue SV105-3SV with tube rings [not shown in pictures]. The telescope is in great condition with very little dust and no scratches. There is one very small ding in the dew shield paint but it is not dented and it is almost not even noticeable. It happened when I took the telescope out of the saddle and it lightly hit the saddle. The telescope has never been dropped or had any issues and is optically perfect with a strehl of .95 or higher (claimed by Stellarvue).
      I've only used this telescope for imaging however I've once or twice thrown an eyepiece in it during a star party or two and it's VERY crisp with no false color.
      Currently I live in Italy so that's where it can be picked up or shipped from. Price is negotiable however Stellarvue says it is worth around $1200-$1500 USD. The nice thing is you wouldn't have any VAT from Stellarvue . Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or are interested.
      Lastly, here is a link to some images that I've taken with it and what it looks like mounted up: https://www.astrobin.com/users/chriscorkill/
      SV105-3SV Specifications
      Aperture: 105mm Apochromatic Precision Triplet Focuser: 3" Dual Speed Focuser with 2" and 1.25" eye piece adapters F Ratio: f/7 Focal Length: 735mm Color Correction: Excellent Minimum Tube Length: 16" in travel mode Tube Diameter: ~ 4-1/8" (105mm) Dew Shield Diameter: ~ 5-3/8" (137mm) OTA Weight: ~12lbs (5.4kg) Retractable Dewshield: Yes

• By NenoVento
      Hi all,

After updating my legacy HC to the 99.22 (I had to, because of the GPS rollover issue) and the MC to the 5.23 firmwares (siply because it was there, and I've got greedy), both acquired via Teamcelestron, my CPC was operating normally until, all of the sudden, its altitude motor stopped working. I've uploaded a video at youtube showing what happens:

https://youtu.be/p2cHJkPt9Vc

As you can see, I don't get any error message in my HC but, if I try to move the scope in altitude, nothing happens (no movement, no motor noises, nothing). When I release the clutch and move the scope manually in altitude, it does move but has a weird noise by the same place where previously it used to make a snap one, which I already reported to celestron tech support once, and even made a video that I also uploaded to youtube:

https://youtu.be/KCc69eUSbeY

I've already seeked help from Celestron Tech support (and the folks at Cloudy Nights) but any help from you would be very much appreciated. Best regards,

NV
    • By HenryFitz
      Help me understand how this equatorial mount CGE pro own a price tag of 5000 usd? As a beginner; will it be a smart choice for me? 
    • By astronomer2002
      Having moved to the F8 SCT version I have decided to sell my 14 inch Meade ACF F10 OTA. Can't really justify keeping it any longer as a 'spare'.
      This is just the OTA with a Losmandy plate attached, no finder or eyepieces. I used it with a Moonlite focuser, which I have repurposed,  so there is just the visual back, please see the photo's.
      The optics are in superb condition and the tube just has a few marks on the paintwork.  The first owner stuck a couple of velcro pads on the OTA for sticking accessories such as the dew heater on.
      The scope has always been kept in a heated observatory
      It is a very heavy telescope, circa 28Kg, so you will need something like an Eq8 to mount it.
      This really is a pick-up only, though I do have part of the original box to make transportation easier. Scope is in Maidenhead in the Thames Valley. Could arrange a part-way meet and as we often go to Devon it would be especially convenient for anyone near the M4-M5 route from the Thames Valley down to Devon.

Asking £2300

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.