Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

MarsG76

COMPLETED - For Sale - Celestron NexStar 8SE GOTO Telescope

Hi All,

If anyone is looking for a great telescope, I'm selling my NexStar 8SE. It's in great condition, Optics are immaculate and there is only some signs of use on the dovetail bar and the black rim that has faded a bit on one side. The reason that I'm selling is that I'm looking to upgrade.

I had some amazing views of planets and DSO through this scope.... it really is a performer in quite a compact package.

This scope was on a CGEM most of it life so the NexStar Alt-Az mount was hardly used.

I prefer to have this scope local pickup or I'm happy to deliver and even give a tutorial and demonstration of how to use it.. for that reason I'm targeting a buyer around Sydney Australia.

The price I'm asking is $1650AUD.

Clear Skies.

IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9814.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9820.JPG

IMG_9821.JPG

Edited by MarsG76

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JamieHardcastle
      Hi everyone,
      My other half bought me (us) a Celestron 130 for my birthday recently.
      I have watched tutorials and done a lot of reading about collimating and various other tips since alongside several hours peering through the telescope.
      I can achieve a very crisp image of the moon which is awesome. However, trying to get a decent focus on Mars/Jupiter Saturn is proving very frustrating. The only non-blurred image of any of them is a single white-point, non dissimilar to what I can see via the naked eye. 
      i’ve tried both the 20mm & 10mm lenses and adjusted the focus in and out all the way.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
      thank you, in advance.
    • By MountainDog
      I have just encountered an error message which says "NO RESPONSE 16" when I power up my 130slt. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    • By NightSky_Wanderer
      Hi,
      I am hoping someone here may be able to offer some help or advice. I have submitted a support ticket with Celestron but I am still waiting for a reply and would really like to get this working ready for the next clear sky!
      I recently brought a starsense but have not been able to use it because it comes up with the following errors,
      Err: Model Num
      The telescope model could not be read and initialization cannot proceed.
      Critical error!
      File: ..\source\mo
      Line: 1468
      An unexpected error occurred that may cause the HC to not opperate normally.
      When updating the controller and camera it finishes succesfully but when I check for new updates it proceeds to install the same one again and again.
      I can still control the mount and I think the camera tried to do an alignment in my room.
      I have a Celestron Nexstar 6SE.
      Thanks
      Adz
    • By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hi, 
      Just thought I'd share this in case you haven't seen it already. A recent (September 2020) article added to the Celestron 'Knowledge Base' on collimating SCTs.
      I don't claim to have seen all articles on collimation, but this is defs one of the best that I have seen. 

https://www.celestron.com/blogs/knowledgebase/sct-edgehd-collimation-guide

Siouxsie 
    • By KarlosFandango
      I have the aforementioned telescope but not used it in several years. It's just been sat, quietly out of the way in a small cupboard (dry, dark, nothing amazing) but not stored in it's box as perhaps it could have been. Nonetheless, I went to take it out as a friend had asked me to take it to his for an evening's viewing pleasure. I tried the batteries I'd just bought (16xrechargables) but was unable to get any signs of life. Between myself and a friend who's somewhat more conversant with electricity than myself, we discovered so far that there's no signs anywhere of life from it - but we're not (as yet) sure whether it's a poor connection from the battery compartment or the switch. We do know the batteries are good. 
      Any advice on narrowing down causes, please?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.