Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

upahill

Semi DIY Temporary Obsy & Motorising Project

Put a gravel path down, as that won't become slippery, unlike the decking boards which definitely will, especially after a downpour or two....  

2 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Put a gravel path down, as that won't become slippery, unlike the decking boards which definitely will, especially after a downpour or two....  

I had contemplated gravel but since the path has to cross the lawn it will make mowing a pain. I need something I can drive the mower straight over so its likely to be sunken stepping stones.

Good point with the deck though, I will probably do something just outside the door, and on the future step to help provide a bit of grip.  #80 sandpaper strips glued to it perhaps :D

4 minutes ago, upahill said:

Good point with the deck though, I will probably do something just outside the door, and on the future step to help provide a bit of grip.  #80 sandpaper strips glued to it perhaps :D

You can get some sort of paint to go on decking that contains "grippy bits" :)

James

Tried both of those, They tend not to last long, and even after a downpour followed by immediate freezing, can become like an ice-rink; I know, as I've slipped on mine a few times, nearly breaking appendages....

None too good for the observatory floor though!!

• Haha 1