Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Tennyson

HEQ5 mount, a used Meade Series 6000 80mm ED

Hi All,

First post and guess what...yes I am looking for some advice, I am new to Astro Photography.

I have purchased a used HEQ5 mount, a used Meade Series 6000 80mm ED and a used guide scope with a QHY-5-11 camera. 

I would like if possible to control the mount and guide scope with my 8 year old MacBook Pro.

Where can I find relevant information that is easy to understand as to what I have do to make this possible?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Hi @Tennyson and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Sorry! I do not do any astro-photography at present, apart from the odd 'snapshot' here & there with a digital compact camera, (or two), until I get used to my DSLR.

There is a book called: 'Make Every Photo Count' and is written by SGL member @steppenwolf :icon_salut:

Edited by Philip R

Same here T, except replace the Meade with a WO GT81.  I'll be picking up the book as I'm sure it will be essential to enable even a snail's pace progression in the minefield that is AP but I would like some specific info on the programmes required/desired that will work on OSX.  If the MBP route is too arduous then I'll have to factor in a cheapish windows laptop (sorry for the hijack).

Have a look at the posting by JANTJE  'Skywatcher HEQ5 connecting Kstar - MacBook pro' on the INDI website (indilib.org) forum. This may give you some pointers. - John

• Like 1