Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

michaelmorris

Phillips Toucam Pro II/SP 900 webcam

Posted (edited)
Philips Toucam Pro II (flashed to SPC900) boxed + telescope adaptors for T2 mount and 1.25" eyepiece. 
The Toucam Pro II is functionally identical to the later SPC 900 except for the firmware. 

I bought this for a project that has now been abandoned.
I took it out of the box to flash the firmware so that a computer recognises it as an SPC900 and hence can be used on modern PCs.
£39 + £3 postage and packing.

?site=0&stg=1&mpt=1560282042710

IMG_20190422_154603170.jpg

Edited by michaelmorris

I had one of these back in the early 2003, great little camera for planetary imaging. Here's a pic of Saturn taken with my toucam. Not sure if it works well with window's 10.

PSX_20190510_142956.jpg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I had one of these back in the early 2003, great little camera for planetary imaging. Here's a pic of Saturn taken with my toucam. Not sure if it works well with window's 10.

PSX_20190510_142956.jpg

Now that mine has been flashed to an SPC 900 firmware, it should work fine with Windows 10.

Edited by michaelmorris
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

Now that mine has been flashed to an SPC 900 firmware, it should work fine with Windows 10.

Great little webcam for those dipping there toes into planetary imaging and cheap as chips too. Glad you've got it working with win10. I miss it actually for ease of use compared to my zwo camera's.