Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Can Nebulosity and Ph.D operate simultaneously and share a single camera. Running Win 10.

no, sorry that won't work, unless you have one of the old Sbig dual sensor cameras that had an imaging sensor and a guiding one too...

Never mind the software, a guiding prog will need 1 to 3 second exposures, deep sky objects will require 30 second exposures at least. 

Michael 

1. Can PHD2 support a Meade Electronic Eyepiece

2. Can Nebulosity and PHD2 share a common camera (specifically a Meade DSI II

1: If there's a native or Ascom driver then yes. My versions of PHD2 shows Meade DS1\2\3 is supported.

2: No, cameras are a one device to application type.

3 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

1: If there's a native or Ascom driver then yes. My versions of PHD2 shows Meade DS1\2\3 is supported.

2: No, cameras are a one device to application type.

I think the OP means to share the camera with Neb and PhD to image and guide at the same time, so no you can’t do that, it’s one or the other.. :)

3 hours ago, Tom Shinal said:

1. Can PHD2 support a Meade Electronic Eyepiece

2. Can Nebulosity and PHD2 share a common camera (specifically a Meade DSI II

PHD2 will probably support a Meade Electronic eyepiece. A camera cannot simultaneously guide and capture through two separate pieces of software. Guiding requires short exposures and DSO imaging requires longer exposures. Its either one or the other, but not at the same time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knobby
      Hi All, wondered if you could help me make sense of this ... new HEQ5 - belt modded by FLO, all feels good, minuscule backlash but strange guiding.
      Admittedly first time using it but baffled.
      Failed calibration see image below and guiding seemed to be Ra and Dec following each other.
      Stars look ok ish (@ 1500 mm )
      Needle galaxy is poor as only about 10 mins each in RGB
      note - it was hazy and did keep losing star in OAG

Thanks for looking
      PHD2_DebugLog_2020-05-19_221608.txt

• By Odiug
      Dear Avalon Enthusiasts,

Do you have PHD2 Guiding Logs that you could share? Preferably at least 30 minutes long.
      I am curious about the contribution to the overall error from the individual parts of the belt reduction gear. PHD2 Log Viewer provides nice analysis capabilities for that. I am especially interested in the frequency analysis.
      Background is that I have built a motion module that uses a timing belt gear reduction quite similar to the Avalon mounts. Performance is quite good already, but I would like to compare it to the "real thing". 😃

CS
      Guido
    • By Lewtron_Stellae
      Hi All, 
      I wonder if someone can please help, I'm fairly new to astrophotography and confused about aperture. Basically I'm looking at a Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens. It has the specs
      f4-f5.6 does this mean that the lowest point of aperture possible is F5.6 or will it go lower. What I find confusing is that I have a lens that's the EF-S 18-55mm lens which has the specs of f/3.5/5.6 however My camera does allow me to set the aperture at f/8 The reason I ask cause it is advised to use a low aperture of f/8 to capture images of the moon.
      Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!
    • By MrGuGuZai
      Hi, my current telescope is Celestron ExploraScope 70AZ, thinking upgrade to skywatcher heritage 130P(came with 25mm ajd 10mm EP) ,  if i do, can i use the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow from my old celestron on the 130P?
      One more question, i ordered a eyepiece camera Svbony SV105, i wonder what is magnification of this camera and how it work to change magnification. 

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.