Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Mr niall

COMPLETED - **CLOSED** Flextube 300 for Mak or planetary?

Posted (edited)

***CLOSED - replaced with for sale ad***

Hello all

Recently purchased a Flextube 300p. Amazing scope - but I must admit its possibly a little bit too much for me. I've got a not-great back, and its a lot to ask to keep asking Mrs. Niall to help carting it in and out with me.

I'm mulling over possibly changing - was wondering if anyone out there was interested for swapping their smaller setup for my larger one?

I'm thinking along the lines of a larger Mak (150 or 180), or something along the lines of a 150PL on a motorized EQ3 or EQ5 or similar. My focus is planetary.

If anyone is interested let me know, I'd be willing to consider anything except very short focal length setups; basically anything that I can move around in sections. Its a Flextube 300p, wonderful condition, with Astrozap shroud and a shiny new sack truck with big wheels for moving around. 

I'd value at around £400ish for reference.

Photo's available on request if anyone is interested.

I'm in south Staffordshire, pick up would be better of could travel a bit feasibly, have checked the local letterbox its just a fraction too big to fit in the slot sadly...

Niall

Edited by Mr niall
Replaced with for sale ad