Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IOptron iPolar Electronic PolarScope

3339-12.jpg?1559219337

Seems to replace the polarscope, doesn't it?

3 hours ago, Grant said:

Will be interesting to see how he gets on using it - wouldn't having it mounted at the back restrict the FOV? 

This should limit the fov quite a bit. Or am I missing something?

Edited by wimvb

2 hours ago, Grant said:

With the official adapter, the HEQ5 one fits the same as the EQ6 version I have here, it uses grub screws to fix to the inside of the polarscope view hole at the top of the mount.

This is the same way the Polemaster affixes as well.

Thanks

Well I've bitten the bullet and a day after ordering (thanks FLO) have my iPolar fitted into the top of my CG-5 mount's polar opening. The camera is recognised in Win 10 (64-bit) and the iPolar software has been installed on the laptop. Just need the cooperation of the fickle weather now to give it all a try out and to post comments. 😀 

Cheers,
Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveNickolls said:

Well I've bitten the bullet and a day after ordering (thanks FLO) have my iPolar fitted into the top of my CG-5 mount's polar opening. The camera is recognised in Win 10 (64-bit) and the iPolar software has been installed on the laptop. Just need the cooperation of the fickle weather now to give it all a try out and to post comments. 😀 

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve

Have you got a picture of it in place?

20 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

Have you got a picture of it in place?

Yes, just taken a couple for you-

278272610_2019-06-13iPolar_CG5.thumb.jpg.548f66fb5904a445f9e6e2183ec68c97.jpg1497572121_2019-06-13iPolarcloseup.thumb.jpg.98a04c25a37fc20e9ea20e11a21b58fb.jpg 

Fitting the adapter was a little fiddly, getting it sitting as flush as possible while tightening up the little internal grub screw was perhaps the most awkward part. I don't think I'll be removing the adaptor often if I can avoid it. The other thing I'll alter is to replace the very tight fitting top cap with a little plastic bag and elastic band. I also found I had to take off the mount's DEC clutch lever and re-position so it can be tightened with the iPolar in place.

Cheers,
Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...