Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

jeffwjz

COMPLETED - FOUND - Altair Lightwave 0.8x reducer or similar

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for a Altair Lightwave 0.8x reducer for refractor. If you happen to have one spare, or similar producer please let me know. Thanks. 

Edited by jeffwjz

gota 0.6 available if that might be an alternative for you??

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

gota 0.6 available if that might be an alternative for you??

@Aidantake a look at my comment on your post -- I was asking about the 0.6 just yesterday! 🙂

-simon

0.6 maybe a bit too much of a focal reduction?

@jeffwjz I guess it depends on what you want.  In theory it will turn my F/7.5 600mm scope into an F/4.5 360mm scope, which I think will be interesting (especially with my camera, the 183M).  I've read both negatives and positives of my scope with the 0.6, so I'm going to take the plunge and see 🙂.

What scope and camera do you have?

(Mind you, if this 0.6x reducer is available, I'm hoping he'll sell it to me not you since I did ask for it yesterday!).

38 minutes ago, szymon said:

What scope and camera do you have?

I have a unbranded 80mm ed with f7 and Atik 314 which doesn't have a very large field of view. I may want to try both x0.6 and x0.8 to see which one works. 

Since you showed interest before me, I agree the seller should consider you first.