Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

I'm super happy to have found this forum of night sky enthusiasts and look forward to learning and sharing on this site! I am an amateur stargazer fortunate to live in a rural area with great dark skies. I'm used to using a GoTo Celestron.

Unfortunately I'm having a problem with a newly purchased Orion SkyQuest XTg 10. 

I've only used it a couple of times. Recently, when I turn on the power, the hand controller (a SynScan V4 GoTo, version 04.39.04) states a message "Both axes...no response!" which means the motors won't work. 

I've unplugged all the cords & replugged to no avail. The power comes from a new Orion Dynamo Pro, 12 V, Lithium Power Supply which was recommended.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thank you 🌟

Edited by Bellatrix2

Hi, Bellatrix2, and welcome to SGL.

If it's new, I would firstly contact the shop from which you bought it.

That said, it could be a problem with the handset cable and it might be easier to just get a replacement for that. The problem is, you could do an awful lot of these attempted fixes and get nowhere. So if it's new (and under warranty) then let them do the chasing ...

Welcome. I can’t help at all with your problem but I do hope you get it fixed and up and running.

10 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Hi, Bellatrix2, and welcome to SGL.

If it's new, I would firstly contact the shop from which you bought it.

That said, it could be a problem with the handset cable and it might be easier to just get a replacement for that. The problem is, you could do an awful lot of these attempted fixes and get nowhere. So if it's new (and under warranty) then let them do the chasing ...

Yes, thank you! I'm contacting them this morning.

6 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome. I can’t help at all with your problem but I do hope you get it fixed and up and running.

Yes, thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.