Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

I had bought this in the hope that i will do astro trips more often. Hasn't happened and i use my avx at home. So this is not finding much use. 

An extremely portable setup, the mount with weight and tripod leg spreader fits in a shoe box. The stock nuts have been replaced by winged nuts for easy grip in the dark.

One of the tripod's legs suffered a slight damage, but I've taped it well and does not affect its performance. 

I will include the computer connecting cable as well as polemaster adapter.

You can read its review here:

http://www.altairastro.com/public/ioptron/Skyatnight_95_april2013_ioptron_smartEQPRO-review.pdf

Will prefer pickup from London as the postage may be tricky due to the tripod

£250.00

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

• Like 1

Hi,

Do you have more details about tripod damage? What is broken exactly? Post some pics, please.

2 minutes ago, Lucas_M said:

Hi,

Do you have more details about tripod damage? What is broken exactly? Post some pics, please.

Hope it's better visible in the photo below

DSC_0152.JPG

This was taken using the 'damaged' tripod. Just to give you an idea about how much effect it has on the performance. 

FB_IMG_1537018299030.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Space Oddities
      Hi everyone,
      I decided to sell my iOptron iPolar, that is currently mounted on my SkyGuider Pro. I only used it a couple times so it's like new. Since I'm now using another mount, and will probably sell my SkyGuider eventually, I no longer need the iPolar.
      Please note that it isn't compatible with other mounts, mainly because the USB slot is on the back of the camera, not on its side.
      Price is £150, including shipping from Munich, Germany. Payment via Paypal or bank transfer.
      Please let me know if you have any question or if you need pictures!
      Thanks!  
    • By AstroRuz
      Hey all, 
      I'm considering and tempted by an iOptron CEM25P.
      Just wondering if there's any owners (current or former - for any reason) who can share their experiences with this? I intend on buying it new, so a substantial wedge to drop.
      Many thanks
    • By muddy
      SOLD
      Skywatcher HEQ5PRO Tripod and Extension pillar.
      There are a few marks on the tripod legs but not really noticable, the eyepioece/spreader tray has paint flaking off
      But could be cleaned and repainted, it didnt bother me, but I am lazy.
      I am selling as its not getting used as it should be and I find I use the excuse that it takes to long to carry it out 
      and setup, but in reality I think I am just losing interest.
      As it is a heavy object collection from TS25 (Hartlepool) is preferred.
      But if a courier collection service is available buyer pays the costs and arranges pickup I am happy as long as money has been transfered. Also I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to meet for exchange.
      Price £400 ONO I will not split

SALE COMPLETED

• By GiovanniF
      Hi to everyone, I used to do some astrophotography in the past with a Celestron AVX and DSLR but after few month had to give up for several reasons, including light pollution (I'm living in zone 3 east London), and also working shifts. Now I want to start again, and this time more serious. I've been searching around for a couple of months to choose all the gear and I'm quite happy with the list so far although it's a bit over the price I planned at first.
       I will get an William optics Z73 with his 50mm guide scope, a flattener/reducer 0.8, light pollution filter IDAS D2 and as camera I will use a Canon 600D modded and I will buy a ZWO 183MC Pro, after so much research, I'm very happy with the scale and framing I will get with this combo, but I'm starting to get confused with the mount.
      My first idea was to go for an HEQ5 Pro, as my previous experience with the AVX has been awful, then I realized that the FLO, sells that mount with belt modification and also some cleaning and tuning if required, I heard that it's a big improvement over the stock one and the price it's ok, but another important factor for me it's portability. Unfortunately, my garden doesn't allow me to do much so I will need to carry around on trolley, for a km walk, I'm a strong person and been doing plenty of time with the AVX, so my confusion came recently when the iOptron mounts entered my radar. I start comparing the heq5 pro with belt, with the iOptron cem25EC and the CEM40 without encoders, and I'm so unsure of which to buy, the cem25 seem to be the equivalent of heq5 at least speaking of payload, but in some threads I read people saying it's a bit fragile so kind of remove it from the equation although the weight it's interesting for my situation, then the cem40, seem to be quite similar on weight to the heq5 but with higher payload and that's interesting too as I will buy a C11 at some point.
      Now it will all come down to the accuracy of tracking I guess, how the heq5 and cem40 would compare on tracking and guiding? If the cem40 it's better, I would probably go with that since it holds more and would last longer as I don't plan to get anything bigger than a C11, but if the skywatcher it's better, I could decide to go for that, and when I move to a place with better garden then get a second mount with higher payload.
      Apologise for the long post and my english.
      Kind Regards,
      Giovanni. 
    • By Photosbykev
      The postman was kind to me today and dropped off a William Optics Zenithstar 61 and Flat61A flattener and the gods smiled on me with clear skies for 30 minutes. It would be a shame not to christen the new toys
      I only managed 10 lights so I didn't even consider darks or flats. The 10 lights from the Canon 5D MkIV, shot at iso 1600 x 60 seconds, were stacked and aligned in PS, median filtered for some noise reduction and then a few layer/curves tweaks to pull out some basic detail so I could look at the star profiles and and any vignetting.
      Overall impression is extremely good build quality and the focusing through the mask is ok on very bright stars but quite a challenge on lesser star magnitudes. Very little vignetting through the imaging train so the image circle cover the full frame sensor and it will be simple to either remove the gradients in PS or use flats and sharp stars corner to corner with no obvious colour aberrations.
      I do need to check where the weird smudges are in the imaging train because they weren't on the camera sensor yesterday, hopefully I'll find them pretty quickly because they are nasty!
      Screenshots are also included of APT focusing, Stellarium for the imaging area after plate solving in APT and then PHD2 for the guiding with the ZWO ASI120mm-mini camera on a ZWO 30mm f/4 scope (I've no idea if the guiding is good or bad but the polar alignment was achieved with the iPolar camera in the SkyGuider Pro mount
      I think at some point I'll add an 2" IDAS D2 filter into the imaging train and see if I can counter some local light pollution we have around here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.