Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spitzer end on sight

barkis

NASA have announced that the Spitzer Infra Red telescope is be de commissioned on January 30 2020.    Requests for outside funding got no response, so that wonderful instrument will be shut down next year. Shame I guess, but it supplied us with some great results during its long reign. All good things do come to an end unfortunately.

Ron 

• Sad 3

I have been using Spitzer images for my astro pc background for several years now, love 'em!

Edited by mikeyj1
corrected my dumb spelling mistake :)
  • Like 1

I'm awfully sorry chaps, I try always to avoid spelling errors, but  I wrote my post on my phone, and although I am aware it often predicts words, I failed to notice it had decimated poor old Spitzer. It just did so again here, but I corrected it this time.  Hope you weren''t too upset. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barkis said:

I wrote my post on my phone, and although I am aware it often predicts words

Typed Margate into the phone recently and it changed it to Marrakech ? must have thought it was on holiday .

Really confused the recipient 😂

Dave

• Haha 2

Typed in inconvenience once and it changed it to incontinence which fortunately I noticed.

Sending a message to a customer that said “Sorry for any incontinence caused by the delay” would have been amusing though. 😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 5