SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sadr Region in Cygnus 30s Unguided

Afternoon all,

Attached is a 30s unguided sub I took of Sadr in Cygnus, it includes the Butterfly Nebula, Crescent Nebula and a fair bit of the Hydrogen Alpha in the region. I took the image while I was waiting for darkness to fully set in so I could image the Eagle Nebula last Sunday.

It's taken with a Canon 450Da ISO800 with a Canon EF L 70-200mm f/2.8 lens at 135mm f/2.8. They were on an iOptron CEM25P but it was unguided.

Editing was a real challenge as getting the Ha to show through means a good stretch was needed which obviously stretches out the noise present in a single sub also. I've tried my best to keep a foot in both camps, bring forward detail while holding back the noise as much as possible and I've done this largely with layer masks.

Saturation was boosted to bring forward the deep reds and overall for 30s of data I'm quite happy with it.

Hope you enjoy the view and hopefully I'll get the chance to get another entry in before the closing date.

Sadr 30s single sub.jpg

• Like 7