Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus Wall- Ha with a OSC

StaceStar

This is a reprocess of some old data i found lurking on my hard drive :) 

Yes i know its not the done thing (and the reasons why it isn't) but sometimes i like to do a bit of narrowband with my 183c. This is literally just a starting point, i'll be adding miles more data, maybe doing a mosaic and a bi colour with my oiii filter too. 

7 x 300s with darks and flats, stacked and processed in APP with final touch up in photoshop. 

cygnus wall Ha.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, StaceStar said:

This is a reprocess of some old data i found lurking on my hard drive :) 

Yes i know its not the done thing (and the reasons why it isn't) but sometimes i like to do a bit of narrowband with my 183c. This is literally just a starting point, i'll be adding miles more data, maybe doing a mosaic and a bi colour with my oiii filter too. 

7 x 300s with darks and flats, stacked and processed in APP with final touch up in photoshop. 

For only 7 x 300s images that is actually very good. Expect to have to have much longer total exposure for OIII though. 

Did you add the colour in processing? If not then I seem to remember that there are specific modes in APP that allow you to extract the Red channel only for Ha and the Blue and green channels only for OIII when using narrow band with a OSC camera. 

It may not be the done thing but lacking astro darkness its virtually the only option. Good to see the filters I sold you getting use. 

Adam 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Adam J said:

For only 7 x 300s images that is actually very good. Expect to have to have much longer total exposure for OIII though. 

Did you add the colour in processing? If not then I seem to remember that there are specific modes in APP that allow you to extract the Red channel only for Ha and the Blue and green channels only for OIII when using narrow band with a OSC camera. 

It may not be the done thing but lacking astro darkness its virtually the only option. Good to see the filters I sold you getting use. 

Adam 

Cheers Adam :) I did indeed add the colour in post processing. I have a monochrome version too...but I was liking the red one ! 😁

Looking forward to using them a bit more :)

PSX_20190530_152144.jpg

• Like 1

i've been experimenting with astropixel processor and photoshop. :)
believe it or not, this is still only 35 minutes of data.

I used the Ha-Oiii extract stacking mode in astropixel processor, and then used my Ha data to make a synthetic Oiii image. I then combined these in photoshop to make a bi colour image. Not totally accurate :) but good practice nonetheless.

Ha-OIII false BiColor Image APP PS.png

Edited by StaceStar