Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GUM 53: Narrowband Fighting Dragons

MarsG76

Hello All,

I have Good news and bad news... The good news is that the image which I'm sharing with you was one that I had doubts that it'll be anything worth sharing but turned out OK.... the bad news is that this is the last image I'll be imaging for possibly a while since on the last night of imaging SII subs, my CGEM mount died and who knows how long it'll be before I either fix it or get a new mount. I've started another topic about what happened and my suspicions of what caused it in the "Mount Discussion" equipment section here.... 

This is a close up of Gum 53, NGC 6188 or Fighting Dragons, emission nebula in the constellation Ara image with my cooled 40D, through the 8" SCT at 2032mm focal length.

The total exposure for all subs is 50 hours and 46 minutes.

There was plenty of HAlpha signal, bit less OIII but still quite strong but SII was very weak.... I had to resort to 2400 second ISO1600 subs to get any data visible... I guess imaging this object at f10 prolong the necessary exposure time.

Thanks for looking, till next time,

Clear Skies everyone,

MG

Gum53 SHO May2019.JPG

Edited by MarsG76
added link
  • Like 3

That looks realistic.  I like it.  Too bad about the mount.  Equipment trouble stinks.  Are you sure its the mount and not the computer/driver?  You could have inadvertently switched a setting

Rodd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rodd said:

That looks realistic.  I like it.  Too bad about the mount.  Equipment trouble stinks.  Are you sure its the mount and not the computer/driver?  You could have inadvertently switched a setting

Rodd

I'm 100% that its the mount, I did a thorough fault assessment and it's definitely the board... doesn't work even when all but the HC are connected and when swapping motors on the PCB, the fault swaps around...