SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar finder 3D printed, heads up.

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

I have two 3D printed solfinders, one is white the other black, the white one was printed quite light, and if you look at the picture you will see it has snapped at one end, I trod on it, but not with my full weight, enough to break it though.

The black one is the mk2 version as I asked him to beef it up with the ends employing a wedge brace and no dovetail, as I will fit this to my Pronto.

why the heads up? Well there are a few 3D printed versions being sold with no indication of wether it’s solid or not, you don’t gain any real weight advantage with it being lighter, but it makes it rather fragile, so unless it states solid ask the seller.

I have a TV solfinder and a new SVBONY, these just add to my arsenal, but the white one will get binned.

chaz

E00BCFD3-B9C5-48CC-A2FE-CC8B1FFB209C.jpeg

Edited by chaz2b

Wonder why no one seems to be using transparent white to print a disc as on the SvBony? Just use a piece of tube and print a transparent disc for one end and a black disc with a small hole for the other.   

Guest chaz2b

You still need to mount it, with perhaps a piece of Velcro, but 3D printed ones are quite cheap.

chaz