sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - Meade LX50 10" Fork Mount and Heavy Duty Tripod (no OTA)

Note this is for the fork mount, heavy duty tripod and accessories only.  No OTA included.

This sale is for the LX50 fork mount from my recently de-forked Meade 10" SCT.  In perfect working order, this LX50 version has the optional encoders fitted, which means if you can get you hands on the Meade Magellan II computerized hand controller it can become a "push to" mount.

Comes with 4 speed hand controller, tripod, an equatorial wedge to allow long exposure astrophotography. Also has an autoguider port.

Perfect for spares or retrofits for existing LX50 owners or for DIY projects where someone wants to equatorially (or even just AltAz) mount a large telescope OTA.

Meade info: Heavy-duty LX200-type fork mount with 4"dia. sealed polar ball bearing; 5.75" LX worm gear and quartz-microprocessor-controlled DC servo-motor in RA; tangent arm and DC servo motor control system in Dec; multi-function control panel; manual and electric slow-motion controls and setting circles in both axes; keypad hand controller; 4-speed drive controls on both axes; battery compartment accepting six AA-size batteries

This is a heavy duty mount and will weigh around 40kg so I would much prefer collection from Manchester, but will consider shipping at extra cost to the buyer.  I don't expect it will be cheap though and will need to be shipped in two packages because of the size of the tripod and forks.

I would like £150 ONO

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:48, IvIark said:

Tripod, dolly and wedge now sold, fork including all electronics and hand controller still available, maybe for spares

Hello Sir,

How much whould you like for the remaining fork and accessories, including shipping to Bucharest-Romania?

Best regards,

Eduard

Edited by Eduard-Lapas
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 08:48, IvIark said:

Tripod, dolly and wedge now sold, fork including all electronics and hand controller still available, maybe for spares

If you have the encoder wire and controller still, I’ll buy them.  Can you accept PayPal/Venmo?  I might take forks too but wouldn’t mind just taking the motor.  I’ll send you an email.

Edited by Steveneu
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By andyrawlins
      Hi All
      After much research, primarily on this site and The Binocular Sky, I got hold of the above binoculars.  I spent ages writing a review specifically for this site of what I found, as a thanks for all the advice I had received.  By the power of idiocy I then managed to post it on Cloudy Nights instead (I had both open in my browser).  Too much Christmas port I guess  
      Anyway, too late to take it down as some have already replied and I guess I shouldn't post the same thing on two sites so here is a link to my review on completely the wrong site   No offence at all to Cloudy Nights but I wrote it with the Stargazers Lounge audience in mind and it may make less sense on a US site.
      Comparison of Pentax SP 50 WP 10x50 and Nikon Action EX 10x50 CF

• By DiZZyViZiON
      Hi. Complete newbie to the hobby here. Just purchased a Meade Lightbridge 130 for my daughter as an upgrade to her Skywatcher Infinity 76. I'd like for her to see the rings of Saturn sometime with her new scope. Would getting a better lens improve her chances of a good view of the rings of Saturn? And if so, what lens would you recommend. Thank you
    • By Zermelo
      I saw a suggestion somewhere (possibly in SGL) to attach lights to your tripod legs (dark-adaption-friendly ones, of course). The idea being to avoid accidental collisions, especially at star parties or outreach events. We experience this quite regularly at home too, so I decided it was worth pursuing (and also, as users of go-to functionality, I’m getting tired of repeating alignment operations throughout the evening).

The very simple idea was a (removable) clip for each leg, each with an LED. I briefly considered a self-contained battery to power each, but decided that charging them was too much hassle (and I also doubted finding LEDs that would operate at such low voltage). Instead, they would be fed from the USB port on the power supply I previously rigged up. I thought the LEDs would be more noticeable if flashing, and found these.

My SkyWatcher 150i tripod has 1.25” upper legs and 1” lower. Since collisions are most likely with the lower legs, it was that diameter I worked with. I looked for plastic pipe clips of this size (the most common ones are 15mm and 22mm used for plumbing) and found these. They have a hole for a fixing screw that can be used to hold an LED, and they have a hinged collar for holding the tube, which preserves a gap that allows electrical connections to pass.

The screw hole in the clip was wide enough to admit the LED body but not the rim. To allow the LED to protrude from the clip I drilled out the holes a little wider, and about 2/3 of the distance through the clip. The LED could then be pushed through until the rim engaged, and the terminal leads were bent into a succession of right angles to guide them to the top of the clip. I found some twin speaker wire in my junk box, and soldered lengths to each LED’s terminals. The clips have a channel along the edge to allow them to be ganged together. I opened them out with a needle file so that the speaker wire was a tight fit when pressed in – this was for strain relief.

I covered over the soldered joints with some scrap plastic strip, screwed into the clip, and pushed some Araldite into the hole and around the exposed metal, to prevent shorting:

These LEDs seem to work on 5.1V without needing a series resistor, so I twisted the positive and negative ends of the three speaker cables to run directly in parallel. I cannibalised a USB cable for its male socket, and soldered it (with a bit of its flex) to the speaker wires. The USB wires were quite flimsy, so I reinforceded the joint by gluing, sliding over some bits of thin plastic tubing and wrapping with duct tape.

The clips are a very tight fit onto the tripod legs; with hindsight I’d try to find some slightly larger. I’d planned on adding and removing them as needed, but decided to leave them permanently attached:

Total cost: £8.39

• By Harmann Multani
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new to visual astronomy and I have an Astromaster 130EQ by Celestron. I have a problem with my tripod. It is the standard stainless steel tripod which comes with the telescope. I am having issues with leveling it as it bends as soon as the weight of the counterweights, mount and optic tube is put. Please help me.
    • By kaslonpro
      I am excited to join this big star gazing community! I realize I am abusing of your kindness, so that you in advance for any help you can give.
      I have an old telescope, what appears to be a Meade ETX 90 from the early 2000s. I cleaned it pretty well after many Youtube videos and online research. I found full blown spider webs and dead spiders!
      I have encountered a few of issues as I'm putting it back together and I wonder if anyone might be able to help.
      1. I took off the screws of the back of my OTA (I know I shouldn't have!) and now I'm not sure how to put them back on (see attachments). When I try it seems to push the primary mirror instead of fastening to anything. 
      2. My secondary mirror flip is broken, the plastic piece part fell off. Is it possible to fix? The mirror itself is also very dirty (see attachments) and I don't think it can be cleaned further. Any tips on how to replace it and where to buy the parts? Or is it possible to not use the 90 eye piece viewport and instead use the front one so I don't need to fix the flip or the mirror?
      4. My secondary baffle is sliding off. I've read that this is a problem w/older models. I tried pushing it to the right place and it requires some force, but after 1 minute it slides back to its original place. What should I do? Does this matter?
      5. The plastic attachment to hold the smaller lens (finderscope?) wobbles no matter how tightly I screw it on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the front plastic part being a little broken.
      Thank you for your help in advance, and I am still learning terminology so be easy on me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.