Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

IvIark

COMPLETED - Meade LX50 10" Fork Mount and Heavy Duty Tripod (no OTA)

Note this is for the fork mount, heavy duty tripod and accessories only.  No OTA included.

This sale is for the LX50 fork mount from my recently de-forked Meade 10" SCT.  In perfect working order, this LX50 version has the optional encoders fitted, which means if you can get you hands on the Meade Magellan II computerized hand controller it can become a "push to" mount.

Comes with 4 speed hand controller, tripod, an equatorial wedge to allow long exposure astrophotography. Also has an autoguider port.

Perfect for spares or retrofits for existing LX50 owners or for DIY projects where someone wants to equatorially (or even just AltAz) mount a large telescope OTA.

Meade info: Heavy-duty LX200-type fork mount with 4"dia. sealed polar ball bearing; 5.75" LX worm gear and quartz-microprocessor-controlled DC servo-motor in RA; tangent arm and DC servo motor control system in Dec; multi-function control panel; manual and electric slow-motion controls and setting circles in both axes; keypad hand controller; 4-speed drive controls on both axes; battery compartment accepting six AA-size batteries

This is a heavy duty mount and will weigh around 40kg so I would much prefer collection from Manchester, but will consider shipping at extra cost to the buyer.  I don't expect it will be cheap though and will need to be shipped in two packages because of the size of the tripod and forks.

I would like £150 ONO

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Tripod, dolly and wedge now sold, fork including all electronics and hand controller still available, maybe for spares

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:48, IvIark said:

Tripod, dolly and wedge now sold, fork including all electronics and hand controller still available, maybe for spares

Hello Sir,

How much whould you like for the remaining fork and accessories, including shipping to Bucharest-Romania?

Best regards,

Eduard

Edited by Eduard-Lapas

Hi Eduard.  I honestly don't know how much it would be.  I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know how much the shipping is likely to be.

On 16/06/2019 at 08:48, IvIark said:

If you have the encoder wire and controller still, I’ll buy them.  Can you accept PayPal/Venmo?  I might take forks too but wouldn’t mind just taking the motor.  I’ll send you an email.

Edited by Steveneu

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Harmann Multani
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new to visual astronomy and I have an Astromaster 130EQ by Celestron. I have a problem with my tripod. It is the standard stainless steel tripod which comes with the telescope. I am having issues with leveling it as it bends as soon as the weight of the counterweights, mount and optic tube is put. Please help me.
    • By kaslonpro
      I am excited to join this big star gazing community! I realize I am abusing of your kindness, so that you in advance for any help you can give.
      I have an old telescope, what appears to be a Meade ETX 90 from the early 2000s. I cleaned it pretty well after many Youtube videos and online research. I found full blown spider webs and dead spiders!
      I have encountered a few of issues as I'm putting it back together and I wonder if anyone might be able to help.
      1. I took off the screws of the back of my OTA (I know I shouldn't have!) and now I'm not sure how to put them back on (see attachments). When I try it seems to push the primary mirror instead of fastening to anything. 
      2. My secondary mirror flip is broken, the plastic piece part fell off. Is it possible to fix? The mirror itself is also very dirty (see attachments) and I don't think it can be cleaned further. Any tips on how to replace it and where to buy the parts? Or is it possible to not use the 90 eye piece viewport and instead use the front one so I don't need to fix the flip or the mirror?
      4. My secondary baffle is sliding off. I've read that this is a problem w/older models. I tried pushing it to the right place and it requires some force, but after 1 minute it slides back to its original place. What should I do? Does this matter?
      5. The plastic attachment to hold the smaller lens (finderscope?) wobbles no matter how tightly I screw it on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the front plastic part being a little broken.
      Thank you for your help in advance, and I am still learning terminology so be easy on me

• By Varavall
      I am selling my Meade LX90 8" EMC with many accessories due to equipment upgrade, so this lovely scope needs a new home. All in excellent condition; no rust, battery boxes spotless, all motors function perfectly, holds collimation extremely well (only had to collimate once in the past 2 years), when well polar aligned I have achieved 3 minute unguided DSLR exposures.
      What's included:
      Meade LX90 8" EMC (in original Meade foam-filled shipping box)
      Meade 8x50 finderscope
      Meade standard field tripod

Meade equatorial wedge (replacement bolts to hold telescope and adjust azimuth)
      Meade AUDIOSTAR handset (under 2 years old) in original box (Provides much more functionality than the original Autostar)
      Meade UHTC flip-mirror system for photography
      Meade 1.25" eyepieces: 40mm 32mm 26mm 15mm 12.4mm 6.4mm
      Meade 1.25" telenegative amplifier air spaced triplet barlow
      Meade series 4000 1.25" filters x5
      Meade erecting prism and a 90° eyepiece holder
      Celestron 2" Mirror diagonal Starbright XLT with 1.25" adapter in original aluminium case
      Meade #505 cable connector set to connect PC to handset to control mount and update firmware
      Meade ST-4 module for connecting a guide camera to the mount
      Meade handset holder
      Meade front counterweight
      Jessops flight case to hold eyepieces, etc.
      PRICE: SOLD
      Please ask for more photos/information. Price includes shipping to Western Europe. Paypal preferred.

SOLD
    • By Jagerduffers
      Hi
      could anyone tell me how I can reset the atomic time on a LNT SMARTFINDER SCOPE for Meade etx 90.
      i upgraded to a LNT SMARTFINDER RED DOT SCOPE. But now I cannot set the time on the scope
    • By Stefann
      Hi everyone, about a month ago i got my first telescope. Wasn't sure what to get but i wanted something portable and easy to setup and use. After some internet "research" i decided to go for a refractor on a manual alt/az mount. The telescope was on a 50% sale so i decided to go for it , the Meade infinity 90.

The package:
      The scope came in one big box, everything was inside. Included was the optical tube, the mount, 3 eyepieces (6.3mm, 9mm and 26mm), a 2x barlow lens, 90 degree diagonal, red dot finder, an eyepiece holder for the mount and a few manuals. The optical tube:
      The tube has a 90mm (3.5in) aperture and 600mm focal length. It looks and feels as a quality instrument, it has a small dew shield and the focuser is smooth when you move it back and forward. As expected the lens looks to be coated. It has a dovetail bar on it with 3 holes for screws. The mount:
      Light but stable, made of aluminium. It has 3 extendable legs, and 2 slow motion cables (alt/az). One screw to mount the tube on on top (adjustable back and forward). The eyepieces and barlow:
      All 3 are modified achromat eyepieces, the lenses are made of glass and are OK for the beginner, but i would suggest upgrading if you can. The barlow is bad i even think that the optics are plastic (not sure), it is usable if you don't have other options but this should be the first upgrade in my opinion. Observing: First light:
      The telescope arrived in the morning so the first thing i did after a quick setup was to adjust the red dot finder. I looked at some mountains about 20km away, the view was nice and very detailed using all eyepieces. Combining the 6.3mm with the barlow got me a bit blurry view, but the barlow in combination with the other eyepieces was ok. Night came and it was a moonless and clear night (only light pollution from the city i live in). I saw orion right infront of me, "marked" it with the red dot finder where i thought M42 should be and looked through the 26mm eyepiece. It was a bit blurry but after adjusting the focus i could see some nice pinpoint stars and also something fuzzy, i realized it was the orion nebula. After letting my eyes adjust to the view for a few minutes i started seeing 2 faint "wings" on both sides and in the center were 4 very tiny stars, i didn't expect to see that on my first night. I followed my target for about 15 minutes using the slow motion controls , it was easy to do. Also tried the 9mm eyepiece and with it the 4 stars were more easily seen but the faint clouds got fainter so i moved back to the 26mm. Next target was venus, i tried all eyepieces + with combination with the barlow. It looked like a very bright half moon without any details. When using the barlow the view was ok but purple glow was showing around the planet, without the barlow the purple wasn't noticeable. I also looked at the star Sirius which looked nice, bright and much bigger then any other star i could see that night. After Venus went down i decided it was enough for day one. Moon:
      I expected it to look good, but not this good. I was observing the moon for a couple of nights until it got full. I could see a lot of details at the terminator , with low and high magnification. When the moon was full it was very very bright and it looked best with the smallest magnification using the 26mm eyepiece. Jupiter and Saturn:
      I got 2 opportunities to look at these 2, the first time i think the "seeing" was bad. I could only see Jupiters 4 moons and the planet was a bright disc without any details at any magnification i tried. Saturn also wasn't very good, i could see the rings but they were blurry and "dancing" around. But the next time i had the chance to look at these planets the conditions were much better, first target was again Jupiter. With the 26mm eyepiece i could see a white disc with 4 moons.With the 9mm i could see the moons again but now the disc had very faint 2 bands without any color. The view was best with the 6.3mm eyepiece, the 2 bands were clearly visible and on the upper belt on the right side there was a small dark dot, i am not sure if it was anything . Next target was Saturn, event with the 26mm eyepiece i could see that it has rings, i switched to the 6.3mm right away and wow there it was, Saturn and its rings clearly visible, i even think i could spot the cassini devision, but it might have been my eyes playing tricks. I tried using the barlow on both targets but it was making the image blurry, but at this point i had purchased a higher quality barlow and the views were very nice with it , but the  max magnification i could use that night was 133x, anything higher and the image was getting wobbly (probably that was due to the atmosphere that night). After that some clouds came in and it was time to get back to bed (got up just to see the planets in 4am). Conclusion:
      I think i got what i wanted, a small and very portable telescope for some basic amateur observing. I do recommend this telescope to anyone as a first telescope or even to an experienced astronomer who is looking for something light, portable and being able to set it up and start observing in 2 minutes. Also i would recommend you replace all of the eyepieces and the barlow. I got me a few plossl eyepieces and a nice barlow, it was worth it.
      Feel free to ask me anything regarding this telescope i will be more than happy to answer.
      Sorry for any spelling mistakes this review probably contains

Also i am attaching a few images i took directly off the eyepiece using my smartphone (handheld).

The Telescope

The Moon:

The Moon:

Venus:

Saturn:

Jupiter:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.